Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
h i all i have 1967 mustang 302 and holley electric fuel pump the blue one .after one hour of freeway driving it will just die, did not like that at all espaciely going 75 on the fast lane:happyhapp. i checked the fuel pump it wasn't running and in about 5 minuts it started to run again and the car restarted i do have fuel pump relay installed.
i dont know if something getting to hot or what please help....:headscratch:

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Welcome lets try your question in here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
electric fuel pump

thank you all
so my options are to find another pump that dosen't overheat .. any segestions

·
Registered
895 Posts
Edelbrock Quite Flows work great for electric fuel pumps, but unless you are running a radical set up or EFI you can just install a mechanical pump.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i had mechanical fuel pump and it vaperlocked on me once setting in red light bumper to bumper traffic it sucked...

·
Registered
895 Posts
Sounds like you have a lot of overheating problems, I am in So Cal as well, we just installed the Quite Flow on my dad's truck because he was having vapor lock issues due ot underhood temps. He has since had zero problems.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
236 Posts
Holley fuel pump

h i all i have 1967 mustang 302 and holley electric fuel pump the blue one .after one hour of freeway driving it will just die, did not like that at all espaciely going 75 on the fast lane:happyhapp. i checked the fuel pump it wasn't running and in about 5 minuts it started to run again and the car restarted i do have fuel pump relay installed.
i dont know if something getting to hot or what please help....:headscratch:
Sounds like the pump got hot..where is it located? i'm running one on my 86 Capri....it's currently in the trunk area, but i ran a red pump, mounted under the car,by the fuel tank in my '67 coupe.plenty of air flow. Holley fuel pumps are NOT known for running hot.They are a quality fuel pump. wouldn't worry about a relay, THEY can get real hot ans when they do, they shut the pump off.You shouldn't need that relay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.