Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on another forum I frequent, I got a good laugh out of it!

2theadvocate.com | Latest News | 18-wheeler, Honda cited for drag racing — Baton Rouge, LA

SLIDELL — Police cited the driver of an 18-wheel-gas-tanker truck on drag racing, Slidell Police reported Wednesday.
They also cited the driver of a 1995 red Honda Accord on drag racing after clocking the two vehicles going more than 80 mph on Old Spanish Trail Tuesday night, according to a police press release.
A detective began chasing the vehicles after the truck, which was followed by the Honda, turned from Pontchartrain Drive onto Third Street “at a very high rate of speed,” according to the release.
The drivers said they raced after talking about how fast their vehicles could go, the release said.
Craig Smith, 33, of Kenner, said the gas trailer was empty, according to police.
Police cited Smith, 33, and Brandon Tanks, 19, of Slidell, on drag racing which carries a penalty of up to 30 days in jail or a fine of up to $175, the release said.
Capt. Kevin Foltz said the tank truck was in the lead when the detective stopped the vehicles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm so glad I just put down my coffee, otherwise I'd have a nice little mess to clean up! Freaken' hilarious!:gringreen

..... and the Honda still LOST!:rollgrin:

·
Registered
31 Posts
:heha:Omg this is amazing little japanese motor lol

·
Registered
442 Posts
wow thats just sad. Maybe they didnt allow big rigs at the track.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I don't understand is if he gets beat by the 18 wheeler, and it says they were doing around 80, how does the guy in the Honda expect to pass one on the highway?!

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
I love that story.:kooky:

·
Registered
232 Posts
thats one boring place if that passes fer a story at least they have creative writers

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
ive heard those semis are actually pretty quick. with 600 hp and 1000 ft lbs of torque on super high boost, an empty semi not pulling a trailer, with a good driver, ive heard are rumored to run upper 14 second quarters.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
thats funny, silly ricer

·
Registered
72 Posts
That gave me a good laugh, a ricer beat by an 18 wheeler :thumbsup:

·
Registered
800 Posts
omg. that is the funniest thing i've read this year. i guess ricer cars really are good for something.... a laugh!:laugh:

·
Registered
348 Posts
:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin: Ah, this made my night.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts