Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a question about underdrive pullies, my friend drives an 07 honda civic ex(iknow, i know what u guys are thinking, trust me i know... lets just try to skip the bashin for now ok?) anyway so i want to buy him some underdrive pullies for christmas. the pullies I found are from a company called NST
NST - The Leader In 8th Gen Civic Pulleys
the thing is they sell a 15% underdrive crank and a 15% OVERdrive alternator pulley... now my first thought( using my common sense) is that if one is a possitive and the other is a neggative... wont they cancel eachother out and mean that they virtually do nothing for hp gains? I'm REALLY confused!!! This guy is my best friend since childhood but i dont want to buy something that wont even make a diffrence on his car... its like just throwing money away =/ so which pullies should i buy for him? would it even make a diffrence? this Honda sh*t is confusing....:frustrated: so what do u guys think???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Ok so I have a question about underdrive pullies, my friend drives an 07 honda civic ex(iknow, i know what u guys are thinking, trust me i know... lets just try to skip the bashin for now ok?) anyway so i want to buy him some underdrive pullies for christmas. the pullies I found are from a company called NST
NST - The Leader In 8th Gen Civic Pulleys
the thing is they sell a 15% underdrive crank and a 15% OVERdrive alternator pulley... now my first thought( using my common sense) is that if one is a possitive and the other is a neggative... wont they cancel eachother out and mean that they virtually do nothing for hp gains? I'm REALLY confused!!! This guy is my best friend since childhood but i dont want to buy something that wont even make a diffrence on his car... its like just throwing money away =/ so which pullies should i buy for him? would it even make a diffrence? this Honda sh*t is confusing....:frustrated: so what do u guys think???
Well I believe the reason for the overdrive alt pully is so there isn't any charging problems. All the other accs. will still be spinning 15% slower, reducing drag and increasing HP (of course). I know on my 5.0 even the turn signal pulls the battery down at idle.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so it still gives you horsepower even with the 15% overdrive alternator pulley???

·
Registered
390 Posts
Yes, because the power steering, waterpump, and A/C will be spinning 15% slower. And as I've said, Less drag = More HP

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH! OK!:bigthumbsup so what about the light weight pulley? do u think its worth it for the price? or should i just buy the over and underdrive pulley? or should I just get the whole package? I dont think an extra 90 bucks is worth it in MO.... but what do u guys think?

·
Registered
390 Posts
I dont think you will net any gains with the lightweight. Not $90 worth anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.