Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I have no drill ones from AM ready to go on. STILL don't have the car though!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the DG Customs and they work wonderfully. We belong to a car club and almost every weekend the hood is up on her ... also spend a bunch of time detailing under the hood to keep it spotless and it's nice not to bang your elbow on the prop rod. Get a ton of compliments on how 'clean' and bright it makes the engine bay look.

A couple of things: the hood is remarkably stable but is now about 6-10" higher/wider open so I really have to tiptoe to pull the hood closed.

The other thing is, even though it is supposed to be color-matched, the painted struts and supports are a little 'bluer' than my original Performance White so the difference is noticeable without looking too hard.

Other than that, absolutely love the mod and am very happy I bought them! Oh, and no drilling but definitely a two person job!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Best way to do it is to get the computer code off the box after your car comes in and order a custom tune from BAMA or one of the other reputable tuners. Or take it in to an dyno shop that's well experienced with the 2011+ models. No sense trying to tune this thing yourself.

The factory did an awesome job, and you really do not have to run an aftermarket tune at all, but as with any car, there's always a little something extra to be gained from some quality aftermarket mod's.

Run that baby when you get her, read the forums, and make up your mind from there. ;)
Thanks for this perspective. At this time I'm happy with the 2012 as is. Check back in a year......:hihi:

21 - 23 of 23 Posts