Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, according to UPS tracking i should have my hood pin appearance kit in tomorrow. It says that you have to drill holes onto something solid in the engine bay to attach the lanyards to. If anyone has this kit or has any idea as to where i should attach them that would be great. Oh and i preferably want them to be attached to something toward the Grill/headlights. Thanks!

Edit: i noticed two sturdy metal pieces on each side of the radiator. i should be able to drill through them. any opinions on that?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed a set of the Ford Racing pins yesterday. I made a couple plates as suggested in another link. Fellow had a useful link with step by step. Follw his notes. I modified his plans a little. I cut the plates about 3.25 inches long by 3 inches wide and attached then to the rad mount bracket. This way you can install the plastic cover without having to hack it up. After drilling the hood and with the plastic cover temporarily in place I pushed a hood pin with a small drop of white paint on it down thru the hole in the hood. This marked the exact position on the plastic cover to drill down. After installing the hood pin in the bracket the plastic cover fits neatly and snugly over and around the pin. Looks like factory installed. Take your time and follw is steps and you'll do a nice job.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright thanks. that should help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.