Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if anyone could tell me what year they started to put hood scoops on the current gen mustang from the factory cause i just bought a used 06 gt with a hood scoop and i did notice that the plastic inside the hood scoop was different than the plastic in the 07 hood scoop but my car is ford certified and i didnt think ford certified anything if there were mods of any kind to the car

·
Registered
622 Posts
what's different about the plastic? ford certified means a ford mech from the dealership looked it over and its in good shape

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the plastic is just flat and the 07 plastic is small honeycomb like on the side scoops of the prev gen

·
Registered
622 Posts
it maybe aftermarket..

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
It usually comes with a engine cover. Lets see some pictures, its easy to tell if its aftermarket or not. You can also order just the oem scoop and put it on yourself, so thats a posibility. And ford does not care about visual mods.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maybe i just assumed the previous owner where older cause of the present stations and cause it had really low miles so i never really thought about them making any mods to it until i was doing some really in depth research today

·
Registered
622 Posts
my stang has the apperance package. if you wanna take a look at it

·
Registered
833 Posts
They had the hoop scoop starting in 2005, its part of the sports appearence package.
Nope, 2007 was the first year for the factory scoop via the appearance package.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i just looked at it and look at hubcaps plus and it look like it is prob a roush hood scoop cause it goes back so far on the hood i dunno if i am okay with it not being stock or not

·
Registered
126 Posts
like prev post cetified is only mech look over and have the warranty to go along with it and ford factory if i'm not wrong, has pinclips to drill into the hood and after market has 3m tapr and the front grille on factory has honey comb (no sticker look)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.