Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I can't stand the gay honey comb side scoops/hood scoop any longer. Would it allow cold air to get the engine if removed? Is there any down side to removing these? And lastly, how can they be removed!? Any help would be greatly appreciated :worship...

Tanner

G

·
im not sure if they can be removed i know for the hood you can buy a gt scoop but i don't know about the side scoops

·
Registered
421 Posts
If you remove the cover then you will allow air to rush into the space covered by the scoop. At high speeds you could possible rip them off your car. If you wanted to make the scoops funtional then you will need to make some holes in your body. For the engine you will just bring cold air into the engine bay and water most likely. As for the side scoops you will do the same except it will go into the passenger compartment.

My advice is to get a functional hood scoop, either static or shaker (like the Mach1s). For the side scoops, I think I saw a kit to turn the scoops into air ducts for the rear brakes. This might have been a custom job, but its a good idea.

If you are just going to take them off, I think you remove the grill first and it lets you get to the nuts on the underside of the scoop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.