Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey considering a hood scoop because im to broke to buy the hood i want i want some opinions on if i should or not. and if so which kind Oem, roush, 3d carbon, xenon, etc? hope you huys can give me some advice thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Agreed. I hate the fact that 99-04 (I have a 2000) came with fake hood scoops. I'd rather get a ram air hood than make the scoop larger than it is. Put your money else-wheres.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm not a big fan of fake(anything) scoops but that being said, I think some of them look good. I wouldn't worry about what dumba$$es like myself think anyway:shigrin. If you like the hood scoops, grab one:bigthumbsup. I'd go with the pre painted one from AM. Saves you the trouble and expense of painting it yourself.

Or you can continue to save for the hood. They aren't that much money and there is no race here. You plan to have the car a while right?

Or you can use a saw and cut a hole in your hood and make the fake hood scoop kinda real:laugh::winks jk

·
Registered
294 Posts
Mine came with the stock one. Personally I like the one from Ford, it gives the hood a bit of shape. Without it, it just looks plain. If you want to add one go with the one from Ford or Roush.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
704 Posts
I would go with either the roush one or the one that AM makes, the look the best IMO. But get one because you want one dont worry what other people say about it being real or not:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Don't do it. Non-functioning hood scoops are gay **** that says 'Im trying to be something Im not'.
Or that I wasn't really paying attention when I bought the car. "GT Appearance package? What's that?"

I'm still hoping to find someone local with a plain Performance White hood who would trade for mine with the (shudder) fake OEM scoop and two teeny tiny rock chips on the leading edge. The scoop looks good, as fake scoops go.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not a big fan of fake(anything) scoops but that being said, I think some of them look good. I wouldn't worry about what dumba$$es like myself think anyway:shigrin. If you like the hood scoops, grab one:bigthumbsup. I'd go with the pre painted one from AM. Saves you the trouble and expense of painting it yourself.

Or you can continue to save for the hood. They aren't that much money and there is no race here. You plan to have the car a while right?

Or you can use a saw and cut a hole in your hood and make the fake hood scoop kinda real:laugh::winks jk
Yeah i hear ya i think im going to hold off as of now and just suck up having the plain hood until i can cough up 600 or so for a nice hood its just tight on a college budget ha.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cars have been coming with "fake" scoops forever, who cares if it's nonfictional. If you think it looks good get one. I like the two that cervinis offer.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
no fake crap. save up for glass hood or leave the stocker be....:nono:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Love my hood scoop....looks plain without it

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Exterior: Pony Package, OEM HID headlights, 4300k HID fogs, Clear turn signals, clear rear side marker lights, 8" shorty antenna, 3D Carbon chin spoiler, limo tint, led switchbacks, blacked out tail lights, painted mirror covers.

Performance: None
Looking at your sig, you seem to be very kean on making your stang stand-out among the other 3/4 million or so other S197s out there.

I see so many riced-out stangs on the streets, the ones that stick out, are those that have been left 100% stock.

·
Registered
10,662 Posts
my opinion for my car: no fake hood scoops or fake anything else, and overall I want a clean design; the body has enough flares and things on it already

your decision/opinion for your car is up to you

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Looking at your sig, you seem to be very kean on making your stang stand-out among the other 3/4 million or so other S197s out there.

I see so many riced-out stangs on the streets, the ones that stick out, are those that have been left 100% stock.
+1. and i dont consider anything you do for appearance a "mod" either. if you notice my sig.. if it doesnt add performance to the car, it is not a mod and does not get listed. only appearance things ive done is a 3 inch kaenan cowl hood, roush qtr louvers, and sequentials. dont plan on doing anything else, car looks bada$$ as it is to me. i dont consider them mods, more like accessories.

and window tint is definately not a mod....funny alot of people list it though, despite the fact that 90% of vehicles on the road have it. i have it too, but not for appearance, for privacy and to protect my red leather seats that are already starting to sun fade badly.....

in short, if someone wants to impress me with their car, it takes doing things that add performance, not just throw on a bunch of tacked on crap. anyone can do that....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Haha, that's kind of what I'm going for. Mine has no spoiler, scoops, stickers, or stripes - just a Plain Jane black Mustang with factory 19s. Only "mod" you can see is the Flowmaster tips, and those are pretty subtle-looking.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Love my hood scoop....looks plain without it
I think the hood scoop does enhance appearance. The concern about functionality, or lack thereof, is meaningless if you like the look and your happy.

·
Registered
568 Posts
no fake crap. save up for glass hood or leave the stocker be....:nono:
This.

Your basic litmus test for installing a part should consist of a single question: do the installation instructions at any point include the phrase, "apply double sided 3M automotive tape." If they do, just stop. You're not fooling anyone, including yourself.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you for those of you who gave me good advice, and for those who thought this would be a nice time to bash people and the things they have done to there car then to you i say grow up. no one asked what the definition of a mod was or if parts put on with 3m tape are useless or not. Again thank you for your opinons to those who stayed on topic.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts