Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a hood scoop for my stang, but not sure which one that looks best! Anybody has any suggestion to which one should i get?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the one from AM that's pre-painted and I like it a lot! Took it to my body shop and had them install it for $50. (Don't like to drill holes in my hood myself).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i like the look of the scoop! I didnt know you had to drll to put it on i thought it was put on with 3m tape?

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
a few years back i bought the roush scoop, i still like it alot, looks good from the outside and great from the inside. it cost alot and i had to get it painted. am has the identical scoop( i think thats the one being talked about) pre painted for a great price. it bolts and tapes on. they do have some that are just tape. i wanted to know it was on for good.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
a shaker hood can be helpful when your goind fast enough to get anything running through it, but a little to expensive for my taste

·
Registered
448 Posts
i can only think of 1 reason, 1/2 of 1 h.p. maybe for $550+$200 more for the nice scoop :winks
VERY true. That's why I said IF i decide to go with a hood scoop. Probably just going with heat extractors when I change hoods, though.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
if your just using it to feed air to a cai, the same could be accomplished by some duct from under the car for $10-$20. i think longalan2 did something along that line once.

going through the stock air box, even going fast, its not enough to change the tune at all, so its not much. better performance would be had with a good cai and the tune. the scoop is really cool looking, i like it alot and i like the retro look of it too. its just the engine cover i dont like, and i wouldnt give up my strut brace.

05horse had a tape on from am ( had a x in the name) it looked really cool but i dont see it any more on am.

i pretty much like all the scoops, adds character to the exterior looks, and adds a nice feel driving from the interior too :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
448 Posts
Yeah, I remember Longalan2 (wherever that guy disappeared to) had a headlight scoop. I was meaning to ask him more details about it, but I haven't seen much from him recently.

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
Yeah, I remember Longalan2 (wherever that guy disappeared to) had a headlight scoop. I was meaning to ask him more details about it, but I haven't seen much from him recently.
i`m sure hes around. last i heard he was working on a supercharged monster. hes got a mustang shop and stays pretty busy ;)

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i`m sure hes around. last i heard he was working on a supercharged monster. hes got a mustang shop and stays pretty busy ;)
yeah I remember he said he had like 240 or 250rwhp from just bolt-ons or something like that. Last I heard he was SC'd and working on some things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts