Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought a black 2013 GT yesterday and im picking it up tomorrow. My question is, I definitely want race red stripes on my car, but cant decide what style to get.

the first option is a gt500 style full body stripe kit from american muscle 10in in race red (see first photo but without the side stripes)

or should I get a set of boss style c stripes for the side and pop out the hood vents and
have them painted. (see second photo) but without the boss 302 logo (not trying to make it look like a boss or gt500 just like the stripes) couldn't find a way to add the hood vents in red so use your imagination.

I really like both but I think it would be to much to combine them.

also I would prefer to have these professionally installed but im having trouble finding a good place is there any central place to locate good shops for this kind of work?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Personally, I really like the "C" stripes and painted vents. I think it'll give you a more unique look.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'd go the GT500 style over the C stripe..... It's a much better look in my opinion. Here's what I did....... GT500 style but then had some "302" hood spears made up. Balanced it out with "Mustang GT" rocker panel stripes down below from American Muscle. Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would go with the c stripes and painted vents. I'm about to put some c-stripes on mine as well, the regular stripes are just too common.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the thing is while the style is common red stripes on black look so good and the gt500 stripe shows that of better.

right now i think I've made up my mind, it has to be gt500 stripes, but I still want your guys opinion, should I paint the vent red? and should I do some sort of side stripe?

really need to figure out a good place to have them put on before I order, I live in Houston TX. any recommendations so far just using google, I haven't found any good places, im going to ask my dealer but Im worried they will recommend someone based on what might make them money.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I have red rocker stripes on my black '08, which is sadly incapacitated right now, but when it comes back, I will be adding the red GT500 stripes on the top. I think both sets of stripes bring the whole car together, that way the sides are not a seperate entity from a front view.

·
Registered
808 Posts
GT500!.........:yup:

·
Registered
679 Posts
Be careful with a black car because it's easy to over-do-it and make the car look gaudy. My Mustang has hood bulge stripes only like the Camaro, and that is enough flash for me. :kooky:

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'd go the GT500 style over the C stripe..... It's a much better look in my opinion. Here's what I did....... GT500 style but then had some "302" hood spears made up. Balanced it out with "Mustang GT" rocker panel stripes down below from American Muscle. Regards
Hey cmaher...any other shots you can post...the stripes look good!!!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey cmaher...any other shots you can post...the stripes look good!!!
Here you go.......... I had the dealer put the GT500 style on before I picked her up. Then I wanted to balance out the black at the bottom of the car so I installed the "Mustang GT" rocker stripes, picked those up from American Muscle. I picked up the hood spears on Ebay and had the guy cut "302" in them per my request. I was not sure if I wanted them but I installed them anyway knowing I could easily take them off (cost $24, free shipping). They kinda grew on me so I left them. Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
My vote is for the GT500 Lemans stripes. The boss stripes on that black make the hood look like it's missing something. I'd even add the double rocker stripes to the side to balance the GT500 stripes. I wouldn't paint the hood vents red, don't think it would look right.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Here you go.......... I had the dealer put the GT500 style on before I picked her up. Then I wanted to balance out the black at the bottom of the car so I installed the "Mustang GT" rocker stripes, picked those up from American Muscle. I picked up the hood spears on Ebay and had the guy cut "302" in them per my request. I was not sure if I wanted them but I installed them anyway knowing I could easily take them off (cost $24, free shipping). They kinda grew on me so I left them. Regards
Thanks for the extra pics, cmaher55!!! Downloaded for my collection :)

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
so I bought a black 2013 GT yesterday and im picking it up tomorrow. My question is, I definitely want race red stripes on my car, but cant decide what style to get.

the first option is a gt500 style full body stripe kit from american muscle 10in in race red (see first photo but without the side stripes)

or should I get a set of boss style c stripes for the side and pop out the hood vents and
have them painted. (see second photo) but without the boss 302 logo (not trying to make it look like a boss or gt500 just like the stripes) couldn't find a way to add the hood vents in red so use your imagination.

I really like both but I think it would be to much to combine them.

also I would prefer to have these professionally installed but im having trouble finding a good place is there any central place to locate good shops for this kind of work?

thanks
GTH it Blue,

Congratulations on the 13', They are amazing machines! It sounds like you have a pretty good problem to have here. I think both options look really good and unique in their own way.

My personal opinion I like the look of the Red GT500 style stripes down the center on a black car. Either way I don't think you can go wrong!

Let me know if you have any questions!

- Dan

·
Registered
32 Posts
I honestly like the whole setup of the GT500 stripes. Top and side stripes. Nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
66 Posts
nice car, I like the SuperSnake strip myself, but both of them goes good with black car, just shut your eyes & point to one can't really go wrong

1 - 16 of 16 Posts