Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a party last weekend and they have thid guy that just bought his son a 2010 Camaro V6 for graduation.
He was out front talking to some other guys when I pulled up, and while I was walking by he made a comment that the Camaro would "eat" that Mustang for lunch, I just kept walking but when I was passing him I told him whenever ready to bring his wallet.
A couple of the other guys in the group started laughing.
all the time he kept saying the Camaro has more power than the GT

Afterthe party, he came find me and started again about the cars, so I told him $100, he agreed and we went out to a deserted stretch of road, measured out 1/4 mile and lined them up,his son driving, First run I raped himby about 7-8 car lengths, second run same results.

By this time he's fuming at his son and gets in the car himself, does a burnout and lines up, third run beat him about 9-10 car lengths.
he finally gave up after I asked him if he wanted a 300 foot lead to make it intresting for me.
All in all I took his money and his pride in 1/2 hours time.

·
Registered
13,191 Posts
Did he know you had a S/C? :laugh:

·
Registered
457 Posts
lol silly camaro

·
Registered
638 Posts
he just had unfounded faith in his V6 camaro, if it were the V8 depending on how your engine build is, he'd have eaten' ya up.

Don't get me wrong, i'll always vote in favor of the 'stang, but must be realistic.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice!!! They coulndt hear the banshee scream coming from your supershaker? People at work keep telling me how I should get a new Camaro since they are faster. They know I got a blower but just dont seem to understand what that means. I bet that kid gets scared next time a Stang pulls up to him.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did he know you had a S/C? :laugh:
I think all he saw was Camaro 304 HP/ Mustang GT 300 HP
The salesman probably fed him a lot of BS.

he just had unfounded faith in his V6 camaro, if it were the V8 depending on how your engine build is, he'd have eaten' ya up.

Don't get me wrong, i'll always vote in favor of the 'stang, but must be realistic.
Mods in sig. plus now running the 3.2 pulley (estimating now to be around 11.2-11.3 @ 120-122)

He would have walked an SS too.
Hell Yes:bigthumbsup

damn did he know u were modded and blown??your a theif man.lol.
good kill
Don't know but the Supershaker should have been a flag on something.

Nice!!! They coulndt hear the banshee scream coming from your supershaker? People at work keep telling me how I should get a new Camaro since they are faster. They know I got a blower but just dont seem to understand what that means. I bet that kid gets scared next time a Stang pulls up to him.
I tell you what, now that I put on the 3.2 pulley that thing SCREAMS.

·
Registered
177 Posts

Are you kidding? Rofl. He'd bend the SS over and spank it too. So far I havent seen a stock SS go under 13 in the 1/4 I dont care what anyone says.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Both he and his inflated ego deserved the loss of pride and $ for talking trash without knowing too much about cars.
Good kill!

·
Registered
934 Posts
sweet kill !

I love that feeling when people are like WTF is that !

Element of surprise never gets old, especially when they see an import supposely with 160 HP leving them behind.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
ROFL!!! Good Job. The funny part about this to me is that the guy was so ignorant about what was going on. Way back in the early 80s I had a friend who had a beautiful, gold 78 trans am that was N/A, but still pretty fast and after we got done beating some kid in a street race, he asked if the thing was super charged...my friend decides to mess with him, pops the hood and says yeah and just points at the motor. The kid looks at it and doesn't say a thing. Hilarious. The kid had no clue what he was looking at. The thing you should say to those type of guys afterwards is that maybe they should start taking the bus! LOL

·
Registered
22 Posts
hahahhaha man u showed him hahah
im pretty sure that a stock gt should be able to take the v6 but with a blower tha ss wouldn't even have a chance

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Its funny people think because they have something thats newer that its faster. People are so quick to talk trash before they even know whats under the hood. He got a lesson in humility, I would have enjoyed watching his face after the 1st race.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you kidding? Rofl. He'd bend the SS over and spank it too. So far I havent seen a stock SS go under 13 in the 1/4 I dont care what anyone says.
You must be dancing on the edge of insanity. You see: All f-body LS1's are 12 second cars. In turn, all new-body SS's are 11-second cars by rule.

This, of course, is my attempt at sarcasm.

OP: Great kill. After all: He asked for it........

·
Registered
177 Posts
You must be dancing on the edge of insanity. You see: All f-body LS1's are 12 second cars. In turn, all new-body SS's are 11-second cars by rule.

This, of course, is my attempt at sarcasm.

OP: Great kill. After all: He asked for it........
You had me going for a second. I like to put *cough* or /sarcasm at the end of my silly posts. :bigthumbsup Anyways, again. Nice kill. Must be fun having a <stock looking?> mustang with a S/C under the hood.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts