Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have this problem? This car started this weird kind of faint clunk between 1st and 2nd gear after 500 miles. I took it to the dealer, said it was the drive system just unloading and it was normal. Today me and my wife were out and it just seems to be getting louder and louder and now it sounds like it's between all the gears.

I opened it up on a back road about a month ago and i remember when I let off the gas and let it wind down from about 5k rpms the I had to put my foot under the clutch and pull it up off the floor. I'd say something isn't right.

I saw a video on youtube where a guy had the tranny out and was shaking the input shaft and the clanking sound it was making sounded almost exactly like what I'm hearing.

Anyone???

·
Registered
446 Posts
The clunking is probably normal drive line noise. The having to pick the clutch off the floor is not normal. Take it in, sir!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just not sure this is normal, I mean it literally sounds like someone is beating the transmission with a hammer. If it is, I don't understand how Ford could produce a car that sounds like it's falling apart when you depress the clutch.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
take it in, that is not normal

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
take it in, that is not normal
I don't think it is, the way I've always treated cars is if it stays the same then it probably isn't bad. But if it gets worse, something isn't right. It's getting worse and my wife who always called me nuts in the beginning even said it sounded really bad.

Deysha if you read this, I might need a little help if they send her home with it and tell her it's normal. :)

G

·
Anyone else have this problem? This car started this weird kind of faint clunk between 1st and 2nd gear after 500 miles. I took it to the dealer, said it was the drive system just unloading and it was normal. Today me and my wife were out and it just seems to be getting louder and louder and now it sounds like it's between all the gears.
I opened it up on a back road about a month ago and i remember when I let off the gas and let it wind down from about 5k rpms the I had to put my foot under the clutch and pull it up off the floor. I'd say something isn't right.
I don't think it is, the way I've always treated cars is if it stays the same then it probably isn't bad. But if it gets worse, something isn't right. It's getting worse and my wife who always called me nuts in the beginning even said it sounded really bad.
Deysha if you read this, I might need a little help if they send her home with it and tell her it's normal. :)
Hi FSURenegade,

If you need further assistance, just PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, and contact info so I can escalate it to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha

·
Registered
985 Posts
I had the clutch issue, they will replace the clutch bolts and maybe add a new spring to your pedal.

As for the clunk that is just the play in the system moving around and normal for manual cars...

·
Registered
592 Posts
The "clunk" is normal. The clutch sticking to the ground is not. I see it's a 2012 so it shoulndt be a PP bolts backing out. Take it in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well..... I guess I'll just have to buy those american thunders to take my mind off it :hihi:

·
Banned
201 Posts
My '11 (sept '10 build) has this "clunk" too. it is always there between all gears except 5th to 6th. It is getting louder now.
Less than 7700 miles. NO clutch issue though. And it doesnt seem to affect the driveability of the car. I figured 1-2 days after warranty is up the drive shaft or clunk culprit will fall out of the car and present itself as the problem.
I do not hear it if I launch in 1st at 4000 rpm and shift every gear at 6800 rpm though.

·
Banned
201 Posts
another thought is that I attributed this noise to the manual driveline of the car. My '88 LX 5.0 had the same noise T5 trans.
But with it getting louder now....I wonder.......

G

·
My '11 (sept '10 build) has this "clunk" too. it is always there between all gears except 5th to 6th. It is getting louder now.
Less than 7700 miles. NO clutch issue though. And it doesnt seem to affect the driveability of the car. I figured 1-2 days after warranty is up the drive shaft or clunk culprit will fall out of the car and present itself as the problem.
I do not hear it if I launch in 1st at 4000 rpm and shift every gear at 6800 rpm though.
I'd say make an appointment and send me your info as well so I can escalate this for you, AWkonablu20115O.

Deysha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts