Ford Mustang Forum banner

Horse Power at the wheels.....

5169 Views 8 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  GTNOS
hey guys.....I know that Ford rates the 2006 GT's at 300 horsepower.....

Im pretty sure that this rating is from the crank....I was just wondering what a stock GT puts out at the wheels......
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Around 265 at the wheels. Give or take a couple in either direction depending on the car.
In a past MM&FF , they got around 280:shrug ,
Yea, well they also got 15rwhp out of a BBK throttle body....nuff said.
Id say about 270-280 depending if it's a stick or auto.
mine laid down 272 rwhp and 293 rwtq stock
I concur, from what I've been reading its somewhere around 280 HP.
On November 19 I got my stock mustang dynoed: 280 rwhp. Check attached chart. I also posted an article on my weblog that contains a video of the event: http://dutch.hopto.org/index.php?weblog=638

Attachments

Horsepower TV dynoed an auto at 255 rwhp. 45 hp loss through the driveline, thats probably not too far off for an automatic. i took automechanics and we had a twin roller dyno. seeing anywhere from a 30 to 60 hp loss from crank to tire on an auto was common. about 20 to 40 for a stick. after adding the K&N intake, flowmasters, and a 75 shot of ZEX they got 336 rwhp. 81 hp total. not too bad. got 7 from the flowmasters, 12 off the K&N and the rest from the ZEX. no reflash either. supposed to have another episode on that. up the 75 to 125 with an SCT tune.... cant wait... :happyhapp
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.