Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone watch that show this weeknd? They were supercharging a '05GT with a roush charger. They claimed it was the only supercharger that retains the Ford warranty. That true?

They only got about 360 RWHP. I was hoping for something better, but maybe they had a really conservative tune. Either way it was exciting to watch.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I thought Roush picked up your remaining warranty?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Only 360 RWHP... how sad.

I would think that when I had my CAI/Headers/Tune and Mufflers that I had in the 310-320range. At that point drop in a set of Charge motion delet plates, a set of under drive pullies and my combo should be in the 325-335 range and be much cheaper that the rousch kit. Then IF I would do a light weight flywhee and aluminum drive shaft it shoudl be real close to that 360 mark.

·
Registered
617 Posts
i saw the show they only run 5 psi and on top of that the blower is really small

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured it was something really low like that. Makes you wonder why put a blower on if you don't top 400.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The ROUSH does retain your warranty, IF THE DEALER INSTALLS IT! A dealer told me that if they install a Saleen SC the warranty would still be honored.

I saw an episode of Two Guys Garage. They installed a KB got 400 hp something with the stock tune, then they did a custom tune and got 500 hp.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Kyle F said:
Only 360 RWHP... how sad.

I would think that when I had my CAI/Headers/Tune and Mufflers that I had in the 310-320range. At that point drop in a set of Charge motion delet plates, a set of under drive pullies and my combo should be in the 325-335 range and be much cheaper that the rousch kit. Then IF I would do a light weight flywhee and aluminum drive shaft it shoudl be real close to that 360 mark.
What's sad about it? Thats close to an extra 100hp.

·
Registered
617 Posts
the thing thats sad about it is that it cost 5700 plus the install for about 115 horse

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How much would it cost with standard boltons to get to that HP, full exhaust, pullies, electric water pump, CAI, tune, gears, etc? Gotta imagine all that stuff will put you in the thousands at least, right?

·
Registered
164 Posts
That was with the stock pulley. I think they were only pushing 4-5 PSI and a very conservative tune. So that's not that bad. Tweak the tune, change the pulley and you'll see 150hp easy. The only reason it's warrenteed is because it's a very mild boost.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
KILLER06MUSTANG said:
the thing thats sad about it is that it cost 5700 plus the install for about 115 horse
The normal entry price for a SC is about 3,000 depending on model. Its being installed on a new model car so its going to cost a little more, thats normal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
a light weight flywheel and aluminum drive shaft will not increase HP. IT will how ever effect the accleration rate of the vehicle.

I am not trying to flame on anyone, I just dont want an un - imformed person to think that these two items will increase HP.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts