Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Mustang Community,

After having the Hot Rod cams installed in my 09 GT, drivability has been pretty challenging, all in the low RPM's. I have pretty much learned how to drive it the way it is, but there have been some things that are just not right. When decelerating, when I push in the clutch, the RPM's just fall and drop way below 500 RPM, before starting to bounce and sometimes stall. This is very annoying when the whole point of the Hot Rod Cams is to have a constant, rough sounding idle.

I am aware that Hot Rod cams make the vehicle drive differently. However I have a feeling this issue along with the difficulty pulling out and slow speed driving have something to do with the lightweight Exedy flywheel. I have a bunch of engine and drivetrain mods done to my 2009 GT (see signature), and have been getting tunes from BAMA performance. Are these issues tune related?

I could do more datalogs, but I am thinking of taking my GT to DGR Performance for a dyno tune. Would this help?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
keep the long tubes and exhaust and go back to factory TB, intake manifold and fly wheel. cams are iffy. your build is great if you were to add FI tomorrow. everything you've done is asking the engine to process more air and fuel, which isn't happening. aluminum fly wheel has less rotating mass therefore the engine comes to idle much faster and should also rev faster. just my .02

·
Registered
248 Posts
Its a tune problem

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yep, would definitely help.....this can be fixed with a good tune. :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts