Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a new V6 convertible. I was wondering which dealers are good to deal with in price and service and which ones to stay away from?

Any help is much appreciated.

Michael

·
Registered
444 Posts
I live 30-40 min. S. of Houston. I've bought 3 new vehicles from Donny Shaddock. Angleton Ford became Don Thompson Ford and now Gulf Coast Auto Park. We like Donny and the dealership.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my best car buying experience (and I have had many) when I purchased my '06 GT at Tomball Ford. Great trade value, more than a fair price on the Mustang and they were willing to go out of their way to make me happy.

Todd Dorn was my salesperson, and being that I knew exactly what I wanted and how much I was willing to pay, he simply facilitated the sale. I was introduced to the service manager, allowed to ask questions and received an extemely valuable discount voucher for all scheduled maintenance.

Good luck!

·
Registered
419 Posts
I second the motion about Tomball Ford. My father has done business with them since 1987. They will treat you right before and after the sale. Really good service dept.

I have heard bad things about Joe Myers Ford, but I bought my Merc Mountaineer from them and got a GREAT deal. I think it all has to do with YOU, the buyer. If you do your research, buy at the right time, don't go for the sales games you can get a good deal anywhere.

Also, Tommie Vaughn Ford has a seperate annex just for their Ford Racing Parts, Steeda, BBK, etc. They have an excellent selection of aftermarket goodies, and were helpful with aftermarket technical questions. (They also have a 2006 pro road-race mustang right there in the parts dept...worth checking out)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Purchased my GT from Randall Reed Team Ford, Had an Excellent experience. I will say however that I dealt with Fleet Sales- so I can not comment on the retail folks there. but I certainly would not rule them out by any means.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i did a custom order via fleet sales at planet ford (spring, tx). i placed the order through david lang, who fell and broke his arm the following week :( maybe i'm bad luck(?) his supervisor, john hasenkampf, took over the deal and it was the best new purchase experience i've ever had. john kept me informed of the manufacturing & delivery process. a couple of days before the car arrived, i asked jay williams (preinventory) to not put on a front license plate or dealer sticker on the trunk, and he made sure it didn't happen. spring is a bit of a drive for me, but the customer service was well worth it

i also talked to a.c. collins ford (SE beltway in pasadena), champion ford (gulf fwy), adams ford (hwy 146 in la porte), baytown ford and mcree ford (dickinson). i went with planet ford because they gave me the best bottom line. if i was to do it all over, i'd shop all of those dealers again except for mcree ford...their fleet salesman was an a$$

pm me if you want contact names/phone #s. enjoy your new 'stang! :shigrin

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought at Joe Myers and got a really good deal on an 06 GT vert. I too heard the bad stories about this dealer and only went there at first to take a test drive with no intention of buying from them. They let me drive it home and the rest is history.

Lonestar70 said:
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a new V6 convertible. I was wondering which dealers are good to deal with in price and service and which ones to stay away from?

Any help is much appreciated.

Michael

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just so you Houston area folks know, Southern Ford is selling 06 GT Hardtops for 23,000 bucks. They also say in the ad that they sell what they advertise and guaruntee them in stock.

Damn, Houston always has the best deals on cars. Here in SATX, there is not near as much competition. You will pay at least 26K for a GT around here.:doh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
So what happened??? Did you buy? I went by a dealer in Rosenburg today and he must of had 30 Mustangs out front. Looks like he may want to make a deal

·
Registered
419 Posts
I recently read an article on a car buying website (I think it was carbuyingtips.com but I'm not sure). They said that the Houston area is the BEST market for BUYERS in the United States. If you live in Houston, and you do your research, you can get a great deal on a new or used car in H-town. I live in San Antonio (originally from Houston) and if I was in the market for a car, I would definately make the drive.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got my dream car at Performance Mustangs Houston, Texas. Has one of everything, they'll customize it before you get it, or you can buy just a base model. They have everything from 1500 bucks to about 40k...old to new.

Houston's #1 Used Mustang Dealer!

hope this helps...had my car for one year with nothing other than usual service. they sell extended warranties too no matter how many miles are on the car.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Tommie Vaughn Ford!~!!!!!!!!!!!

ASk for Christi Furgeson--713-869-4661

Tell Her I sent you and She'll beat ANYONE's PRICE.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.