Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when was the last time you spent that kind of money and didnt feel any difference in your car. atleast its good insurance! now its time for more boost :) 10psi...that will feel good!
my day went pretty good...sorry CD:wavey

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
my last payment to Geico was $1,500 :so....... i had to get my FRPP GTA's installed to make that pain go away

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooohh and thats for 6 months?

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
oooohh and thats for 6 months?
nope, that was just for PART of the 6 months. i am roughly $2,100 for 6 months. i recently took an online driving course for a discount of approx $88 every 6 months for the next 3 years. and it only cost me $30 bucks too!!:shiny:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
nope, that was just for PART of the 6 months. i am roughly $2,100 for 6 months. i recently took an online driving course for a discount of approx $88 every 6 months for the next 3 years. and it only cost me $30 bucks too!!:shiny:
Holy crap that's a lot of coin for insurance, but I've felt at least some of your pain before. My Celica was $1400 for 6 months with Progressive and $1300 with Geico. I wanted to cry a lot. Now with USAA, I'm only dropping a little more than $600 for six, which is WAY better.

Where do you take that online driving course?

·
Registered
810 Posts
wow guys, I'm paying 588 per year, with low deductibles. But my car is listed as driven less then 5k a year.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill have to call my agent and ask about this less than 5k a year deal....worth a call :) My 69 Mach 1 is setup that way but Im not sure if this company will do it on new models???

G

·
Ill have to call my agent and ask about this less than 5k a year deal....worth a call :) My 69 Mach 1 is setup that way but Im not sure if this company will do it on new models???
Geico will. My 05 is set to around 4k miles a year, which is about how many it logs. It goes to sleep in october, hibernates for the winter, and doesn't wake up 'til april-ish. Given the 12 mile 1 way trip to work, with it only being driven 2 of six days... they have no problem with it. They're still making a fair amount of coin off me per year though, part of that is the area I think...

·
Registered
295 Posts
:shocked:

OMG man, you got a horrible driving history or something? Too many Tickets? Accidents? why in the world is it so much?:shocked:

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Holy crap that's a lot of coin for insurance, but I've felt at least some of your pain before. My Celica was $1400 for 6 months with Progressive and $1300 with Geico. I wanted to cry a lot. Now with USAA, I'm only dropping a little more than $600 for six, which is WAY better.

Where do you take that online driving course?
I asked USAA if there was a defensive driving course or something I could take to lower my rates and they said no.

·
Registered
58 Posts
mine is $467 every six months. i have country insurance and financial services

·
Registered
810 Posts
Make sure you car insurance is the same company as you home insurance.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My insurance is 3,500 a year. 2 speeding tickets and no accidents. The insurance here is robbery.

·
Registered
295 Posts
My insurance is 3,500 a year. 2 speeding tickets and no accidents. The insurance here is robbery.

nm...................................

thats just crazy. I have been in 3 accidents, (2 not my fault) 1 speeding ticket, 1 loud device ticket, and one reckless driving ticket. I pay 620 a month. Not to mention I live in a rather high crime area

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
DUDE!!! You guys are paying A LOT for insurance!!! I've got about 12 tickets on my record, all on motorcycles, speeding (9 or 10), illegal lane change, no motorcycle license. I'm with USAA, $100 deductibles for comp & collision and I pay about $98/month, but that includes renter's insurance as well as a jewelry policy for my fiance's engagement ring.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
WOW you guys are $$$$$$ mine is 620 every 6 months for two cars.

·
Registered
810 Posts
That is just NUTS!!! Is there nothing you can do to bring that down? Driver Ed classes, go to court to have some points taken off. I can't freeken believe that.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I did go to drivers ed class before I got my license. The speeding tickets I got were about a year and a half ago. I have a 500$ deductable and I'm on a 10 month payment plan. My girlfriend who has a perfect driving record pays a little less than I do. She drives an 06 KIA Rio. I hate the insurance around here its robbery. I can't believe some of you are saying you pay 100 bucks a month. Thats crazy to me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.