Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As far as quality. I noticed they are significantly cheaper than other brands. next step up (price wise) seems to be BBK?

are there any common problems for these systems?

By system, I mean long tube headers, x-pipe, and axle-back.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My friend has pypes shorty headers, x pipe with high flow cats, and the cat back pypes system and it sounds great. He just did the right installation for his headers and hasn't had a problem with anything. Sounds very mean and has a good tone too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had the Pype Bomb axle backs, the weld and finish quality was good, but fitment wasn't. I adjusted them 3 different times, but only got them close. As a comparison I just installed the Roush Extreme exhaust and they basically fell into alignment with very little effort.

S

·
0 Posts
Pypes longtubes are copies of kooks. Thank the chinese for that. I have a little hate game going on. Kooks are an awesome design for power and torque. As much as I would love to buy a cheap version of kooks I can't give my money over based on principle. However if I had no moral fiber I would choose Pypes over BBK every time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have the LT headers and h pipe with Pypes Violators. I think the quality is great. I had no issues with my axleback install. Fit just right first time. They sound awesome together. The guy I got to install them said they look just as good as the kooks and he fools with kooks all the time. He said all welds looked solid. I highly recommend.
I understand your issue with chinese parts but I do not have the luxury due to cost. So I had to go with them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Pypes headers and off road h here. Nice fit and quality product no issues.

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
i run Pype Bombs right now and i used to have muffler deletes, neither fit perfectly. They bump and make a bad vibration once in a while, i've adjusted dozens of times

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you can afford it go with Stainless Works LT and catted X-pipe great quality but pricy that is what I run along with Magna flow magna packs.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to hear. I'm very much on a budget. Pypes might be a good option for me.

On kind of a side note, has anyone had any experience with brenspeed installation?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've only heard great things about Brenspeed. No personal experience with them, but I wouldn't hesitate to go there from all I've heard. If you start a thread asking I'd bet you get nearly nothing but positive results.

Plus it says on their website if you're from out of town (like you I think) they put you up in their guest houses during the install. Bedrooms, big screen tvs highspeed computers so you can monitor allfordmustangs.com:laugh:. It sounds like a worldclass speed shop:bigthumbsup

BTW Have you gotten the gears installed yet?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW Have you gotten the gears installed yet?
That's a negative, lol. Coming up with an extra $250 is a little harder than it once was. got a couple extra bills need paying. Owe my sister 150 and owe 300 on a guitar...

ugh... not fun times... before too long i should be able to come up with it, but planning ahead is fun...right?

·
Premium Member
1,910 Posts
I've only heard great things about Brenspeed. No personal experience with them, but I wouldn't hesitate to go there from all I've heard. If you start a thread asking I'd bet you get nearly nothing but positive results.

Plus it says on their website if you're from out of town (like you I think) they put you up in their guest houses during the install. Bedrooms, big screen tvs highspeed computers so you can monitor allfordmustangs.com:laugh:.
This is all true information, the guest house and all! Give us a call if you have any questions at all. We are here to help and we aren't your typical "pushy" sales people. Our phone number is 574.594.9559.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have Pypes Violators and very happy with the sound I get from them. I have steeda CAI that helps getting a lower tone.

Installation was a bit tricky to get everything aligned, but it looks good on the car now.

Very good quality for the price I paid!

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
I installed pypes LTs, x-pipe, and pype bombs and had no isses with the install or the quality. I had then on the car for 2 years before trading the 06 GT in for the current car. debating on puting a set on my Saleen, I just don't knoe if I feel like spend 9 hours of quality time getting to know the bottom of my Saleen. Might take longer on it due to belly pans.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, looks like for the sake of keeping it street legal, I'll end up going with BBK. I COULD put cats on a pypes system, but it requires some modification to the parts, and I don't have the ability to do that.

Of course, who knows...

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Well, looks like for the sake of keeping it street legal, I'll end up going with BBK. I COULD put cats on a pypes system, but it requires some modification to the parts, and I don't have the ability to do that.

Of course, who knows...
I added cats to mine to tone them down. all it took was a hack saw, a tape measure, and a trip to a muffler shop to weld up the end result. I don't trust exhaust clamps whith my life. Adding the cats was actually the easiest thing to do and the welding only ran my $40.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts