Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a Montreal/Quebec City return drive, 600 kms. That works out to `round 375 miles. Nice mix of hilly, flat and winding autoroute, averaged 120 Km/H (75Mph)
Filled up when I left and was greeted by the low fuel light upon my arrival back home.
Does that sound about right? I`m sure sticking to the posted speed limit of 62 and less spirited driving would yield even more favorable results but i just can`t help myself:winks

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine is ******* HORIBLE its like 11mpg

·
Registered
81 Posts
On my trip from Oklahoma to Indiana I averaged about 375-400 miles per tank and that was driving at speeds between 65 and 80 depending on if those crazy Missouri Highway Patrols were standing in the roads lasering people.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I glad to know I'm not the only one. The best I've gotten was 18mpg other wise I average about 15mpg on 87 octane

Edit: about two or three weeks. Ago my dad recommend that I filled up and only use 91 octane and that has helped alo. Now I'm averaging 20mpg

·
Registered
717 Posts
highway use, I can get about 30mpg's (some hills, mostly flat) and around town 25mpg, unless my foot gets heavy then 20...
:cooldude:

·
Registered
365 Posts
I glad to know I'm not the only one. The best I've gotten was 18mpg other wise I average about 15mpg on 87 octane

Edit: about two or three weeks. Ago my dad recommend that I filled up and only use 91 octane and that has helped alo. Now I'm averaging 20mpg
Make that 3 of us, the best i can get is 20 mpg and thats following the speed limit otherwise i get like 15

·
Registered
40 Posts
I usually get just under 21 MPG with some fairly hilly highway driving. But when I did a cross country drive from the East Coast to West Coast I managed about 31 MPG's going at a pretty constant 75 MPH.

·
Registered
531 Posts
i get 15-18 mpg depends on how heavy my foot is :laugh:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Filling up on 93oct...my tank reads 345 "Miles til E" when full.
Trvling @ 60mph(cruise control) I get about 27-28.7 mpg.
A care-free day, rev'ing the s/c, and throwing alil speed down...
I get about 21-23mpg.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
This cant be right. unless you are riding your brakes, a/c full blast, low tire pressure on all four tires, 400 lbs of junk in the trunk and are stuck in the mud. :nono:

I drive the car like Im running from the cops a lot of the time, sit in bumper to bumper traffic (DC area traffic) and still average over 20 mile per gallon city. Get a CAI & SCT Tuner, my mileage went up about 35 more miles a tank.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm averaging around 18-19 mpg around town, which is all the I do on weekends. That's with a Bama race tune and a lead foot!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I average 24 MPG no matter how I drive it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
406 Posts
I used to get 28 hwy, 17 city and around 20 combined, then I did the rear end and put on new tires... I am getting 16 - 17 combined right now, but my foot is in it constantly... too much fun to care about gas mileage right now!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I have been driving with a heavy foot all my life. I have the toys on and only get 15 mpg around town. I usually don't drive on the Hwy too often.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mpg

I'm getting 26 MPG at 65 with cruze on the interstate 75 with alittle local road driving. Its a 2005 5 speed. Thats about 350 per tank of gas.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the 5 speed, with 3.13 rear end gears (getting 3.55s to replace them) I get about 18 combined (most of my driving is around town, or very short highway runs) and up to 32 on the highway alone. Closer to 15 in town I'd guesstimate.

·
Registered
87 Posts
of course, my lead foot can't help that number...I usually get around 225 miles to the warning light that usually comes on about 14 gallons from full

·
Registered
56 Posts
for all the people saying they are getting 30mpg, How in the world are you guys doing that?!!!! What mods do you have on ur car? I average 16mpg every single fill up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
for all the people saying they are getting 30mpg, How in the world are you guys doing that?!!!! What mods do you have on ur car? I average 16mpg every single fill up.
Mods like gears will decrease mileage. I would look at the basics first, change the plugs, wires, and clean the throttle body. Its a good idea to run some fuel injector cleaner through the fuel system every 3000 miles. Make sure everything is mechanically sound on the car as well. Things like brakes dragging will decrease your mileage. Pay attention to how you drive, running around like boy racer will kill your MPG. Although its hard to resist when driving a Mustang. :heha:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts