Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, just signed up because numerous times when in doubt, my question was somewhere on this website, and with an answer, so I figured I might as well sign up so that I can personaly ask questions and possibly get answers.

I own a 2000 Mustang V6, only thing ive done to it (besides sequential lights, other cosmetic changes, etc.) is putting in a cold air intake and a 65mm throttle body, thats it. I believe stock horsepower is 190, or very close to that, and ive probably only added another 15-20, at best. Dont get me wrong, I love the car, but I hate the look on peoples faces when I tell them its only a V6 with a fairly weak engine (I mean, dont the 2012's come with 305hp V6s now?). Its an automatic trannsmission btw. I was mainly curious how difficult it would be to find a GT block (or better possibly) to put into the car? Normaly I wouldve complained about MPG, but really at around 20 MPG now it wouldnt make too much of a difference.

Now I understand its possible to change the engines and such, but I was reading that not all of the trannsmissions are compatible amongst many other things, so if I could get a year suggestion on it to that would be much apreciated, im really just looking to get the best possible engine block while still being automatic. (Oh and I plan on true dual exhaust, if you have a good suggestion for a deep muscle sounding dual exhaust x pipe kit that would be fantastic, found a pypes one and it sounded way too ricey lol) I thank you guys for the time and hope to be on here more, and please go easy, I havent been working on cars my entire life, so if you see either mistakes or something of the like dont jump down my throat please.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
if you are not mechanically inclined your best bet would be to sell the car and buy the GT...seriously you would need the ENTIRE drivetrain/ECU etc from a GT to do the swap: read: EXPENSIVE and not really worth it

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
^^^^^^what he said, or you can build up that v6 and earn a lot of respect from people because it is only a V6! Not that i'm suppose to have the fastest car or anything but it is intimidating to have a car running just as fast as me with less than have the cubic inch.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Read my sticky at the top of the forum, it will answer most of your questions.

3.8s use the 302/351w bellhousing pattern so yeah you'd need a 4.6 trans from 99-04.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, I figured just looking for the V8 was the best bet. I just figured it was pretty stupid to dump all this money into a V6 when after im completely done it will probably only be as strong as a stock V8. And thanks metal, will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts