Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just baught a 98 mustang gt convertable. my question is how can i tell what style it is the guy that i baught it from told me it was a cobra and it has the ground package the rear bumper says cobra and it also says svt on it i know its an 8 cylinder,but its an automatic and i have been noticing that all the cobras i see are stick.i got a great deal on it so if i find out that its not a cobra i wont mind but i hate that i dont know any help would be great

thanks
jim redden:headscratch:

·
Registered
331 Posts
it would have a 32 valve motor . A cobra intake? Does it have cobra brakes. 13 rotors in the front that are vented,and the caliper says cobra on it. Aluminum drive shaft? Cobra wheels? cobra emblems. 5 speed only

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
only auto if someone swapped it and usually its turned into a race car for track purposes. like everyone mentioned though, look at the engine, even the gauge cluster was different. call Ford and have them check the vin for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i guess i just have a nice looking gt thanks for the help i guess its just a body kit but i am still very happy with it

·
Registered
122 Posts
I thought VIN's were different for the Cobra Models.

·
Registered
50 Posts
It sounds like a GT in Cobra's clothing to me. Congrats on your first Stang!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Was the car represented as a Cobra? If so, you may have overpaid for it and should have a lawsuit filed for the difference in price...

·
Registered
48 Posts
The VIN number will tell you if it's a COBRA. Write down the entire 17 Character VIN number and call your local ford dealer and the service department or your insurance carrier can provide you with that answer.

·
Registered
254 Posts
dude you might of paid too much for a Standard GT, get you money back, and run him over for trying to scam you!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.