Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how close would a race be between an 03 non s/c saleen and an 06 mustang gt both stock?

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Believe a N/A Saleen is 280 BHP. The 06 should win a fairly close race. It could come down to who's the better driver.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also forgot to say the saleen is a stick and 06 is auto...and i think the saleen came with the 3.55 gears...

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
The 06 with a 3.31 rear may still have the edge. It's going to be close. I think it really comes down to the drivers.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
It sounds like this is less of a hypothetical question and more like you've been challenged or you're ready to issue a challenge. If you do, take it to the track and do it safely. It's more of a real race that way. My bet's on the '06 Auto.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he hasnt challenged yet nor have i...he has just spoke about how he smoked someone in an 05 or 06 even after giving him to 2nd before taking off....which sounded like bs to me...he said he pulled up to a guy and told him to take off and when he scratched 2nd then he would take off

·
0 Posts
My QuestionS Are How Fast Were They Going At The End And Where Did This Take Place (On The Street)? Because If You Floor The 05 GT By The Time You Hit 2nd You're Doing Around 40-45 Mph Atleast, I Have A V6 And Mine Shifts Right About There So He Had To Be Hauling.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
not sure how fast..and yes on the street...

·
Registered
208 Posts
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, keep it off of the street and take it to the track. Its safer, controlled, timed and no one gets charged with vehicular manslaughter.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know i have not raced anyone..been challenged on the street a couple times but stayed away.....he just tells me hes smoked a few people and one was a 05+ GT this is after i just got mine so i was just wondering who would win if we did race in the future..only had it a couple weeks so not ready to race anyone yet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts