Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had an issue with their A/C not really getting cold. I have had the car for a couple of weeks now and the air never seems like it really blows that cold. I have the electronics package, so you can't set it below 60. Could that be part of the problem? The car has never felt like it was 60 to me. I am always the one reaching for a sweater when everyone is hot. Yes, I put the windows down for a few minutes after I start the car, no I dont have the air on recirculate when I turn it on or on max air right away, after a couple of minutes I do switch the air to max, but it just blows harder, not colder.

At this point I would gladly trade my "heated" seats for "cooled" seats.

Please post if your air does or does not get cold and also if you have the electronics package or not. I don't want to take it in if this is normal for our cars and the dealer already thinks I am a PITA, so I don't want to make it worse. I am just tired of sweating after working all day.... TIA for your input.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
My AC works fine, not the strongest I've ever had, but performs reasonably well. I have the rear windows tinted and use a sun shade, but the car still heats up quite a bit. The one aspect that might be different from you is my daily drive is about 85% highway miles. My guess is the AC would take longer to work if you're on side streets and two lane roads. If your AC seems sub-par, take it to another dealer to check out if possible.

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
that does seem strange...domestic built cars normally have rockin A/C...my Cobra will freeze you in your seat on the hottest of Florida days.

·
Registered
613 Posts
all my cars have ice cold ac... literally need to turn temp control up a bit. Even the wifes 05 vert will freeze you out fast I did hear they were looking at a change on the freon because its proven r13 does as much dmg as r12 did. Havent looked under the hood for ac numbers since the 05, but id take a look. The story I heard said the new freon isnt supposed to be as cold as the old stuff.
Thats the only thing i could think would make sense.

·
Banned
2,000 Posts
One thing I've noticed about this car is that with the windows closed, on a cloudy 65 degree day, I'll have to turn the AC on. The main culprit? Engine/Transmission/exhaust heat are transferred to the cabin through the tranny tunnel and floor pan.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My AC does not feel very cold either, except possibly after a sustained highway drive. Around town, in stop-and-go, or slow traffic, it's not very cold. There is another active thread on the same issue now, which I think you just posted in:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...278-2012-gt-air-conditioning-not-so-cold.html
Yeah, I posted this here because I didn't think asking if people had the electronics package or not with anemic AC belonged in the Technical section. Hepefully folks will put if the have problems or not and if they have the EP or not. Maybe atleast then we can figure out if its tied to having the EP on the car since you cannot turn the air below 60 with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Same here, no electronics package, but my A/C doesn't get very cold until I hit highway speeds. Once it starts to cool off, I turn the recycle on, then it gets really cold. It's HOT here in Florida and yes, my windows are tinted pretty dark.

-J

·
Registered
893 Posts
no eletronics package and my AC is ice cold very fast and if on max air it will freeze your you know whats off:gringreen

·
Registered
384 Posts
Neither of our 11's have the EL package and will freeze you out. Within 5 minutes and ambient 100+ we are turning them down to a lower setting. After 10 minutes, it is on the lowest fan setting. Both cars have Luminar tinting and we use a dash shade to cut down direct sunlight.

100% streets, no freeway or highway use. Lot's of stop and go ... it's Phoenix so always hot and traffic sucks all the time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mine gets plenty cold here in steamy Houston, to the point it will have condensation on the windows and the roof. I have never had a Ford that would not blow cold a/c.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
My AC is completely worthless and yes I do have the electronics package.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the EP and it gets very cold after about 5-10 minutes of driving.

FYI - mine initially had a problem where it would blow hot air out of the drivers side and cold out of the passenger even though dual zones was disabled the the temp set was 60.

Also make sure you turn on recirculate (not max a/c) and the more you drive the colder it will get, this is usually the following sequence when i get in the car.

start the car a/c on 3 bars @ 60c
after about 5-7 minutes i have to turn it to 1 bar
after another 15-20 minutes i have to raise the temp to 70 (unless it's just really hot and then i just leave it on 60)

AND i'm the guy that is always hot and everyone always says my house is too cold etc... so i am by body type on the hot side.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I've heard that you should run your a\c from time to time during the winter to keep seals from rotting and developing leaks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The poster who said to turn off MAX A/C was right on. I've been a little disappointed in how cold the AC in my '11 GT was. After reading this thread I turned off MAX and left it on recirculate. It is really cold now.

Why does the MAX have this effect? I have always kept my cars on MAX in the past and haven't noticed a difference in anything but noise.

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
My A/C will freeze you on normal and kill you on Max. The a/c in my 07 GT was the same way.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Medium fan speed, the temp knob turned all the way to the right, fresh air in, at an idle it blows out at 31...
I stuck a stick cooking thermometer in the vent...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.