Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, my car is a 1988 gt supercharger, 5spd and am having a lot of problems with my fuel injection car, now i want to convert it to carburator,

what do parts i need to convert it?:headscratch:

is that worth it or is just a was of time?:scratchchin

i don't worried about the gas mileage, because i want it for race only, so that shouldn't be a problem to me,

what intake and carburator do you recommend?, my car is highly mod,

i have a 6psi supercharger, so can i still used it without problem?

do i have to tune my car with carburator?, if i ask this is because i think i won't need the computer or alot of unusual sensor that i have with efi,

i know i ask a lot of questions, but i want to make sure it will be worth it and if is better.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
504 Posts
You can throw away pretty much everything with a wire on it if you go to a carb. You'll just need to keep the distibutor obviously, and the oil pressure and temp sending units. Other than that all your other sensors and computer can go away. The main parts you'll need are the intake and the carb. You'll also need a new throttle cable, and maybe a bracket. I'd suggest going with a mechanical fuel pump as well to completely get rid of the electronics.
I'm not sure about the supercharger set up. You'll have to wait until someone that's ran one come on here.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
if this is only going to be a track car, i would recommend an intake like the Edelbrock Victor and about a 750cfm carb for a blown 302. the supercharger could be reused if you can fabricate the intake tube and a box for a thru-carb system, otherwise it would be alot easier to get something like a 174ci wieand roots-type blower.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS, do you guys thing carb, will give me more power than efi, i was using 30lb injectors, so if i go 750 carb, is that goin to be more powerful,

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The carb will actually make more power, yes, than the EFI. Since it's track only, gas mileage isn't an issue and that's what the EFI is meant and tries to improve.
Paxton and Vortech make carb bonnets for a carbed application, check them both out. You can adapt it to your particular engine and blower position.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
THATS a really good website, thank you for everything, that explaind and answer all my questions.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Go for it if you are having issues I would get rid of all that fuel injection crap especially if you are racing it. You got less to worry about, The supercharger they make a carb cap that actually sits on your carb and runs to the supercharger. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi everybody, my car is a 1988 gt supercharger, 5spd and am having a lot of problems with my fuel injection car, now i want to convert it to carburator,

what do parts i need to convert it?:headscratch:

is that worth it or is just a was of time?:scratchchin

i don't worried about the gas mileage, because i want it for race only, so that shouldn't be a problem to me,

what intake and carburator do you recommend?, my car is highly mod,

i have a 6psi supercharger, so can i still used it without problem?

do i have to tune my car with carburator?, if i ask this is because i think i won't need the computer or alot of unusual sensor that i have with efi,

i know i ask a lot of questions, but i want to make sure it will be worth it and if is better.
:bigthumbsup
You need a carb and intake, a distributor off 1984 302 with vacume advance, a fuel regulator with a return line, I used a holley fuel pressure regulator. Make a braket for your linkage. I used a holley 750, I put the carb on backwards so the throtle was on the right side. I used a 2" spacer and bolted a flat plate to the back of the spacer, and bolted the linkage to the plate. Hope it helps you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need a carb and intake, a distributor off 1984 302 with vacume advance, a fuel regulator with a return line, I used a holley fuel pressure regulator. Make a braket for your linkage. I used a holley 750, I put the carb on backwards so the throtle was on the right side. I used a 2" spacer and bolted a flat plate to the back of the spacer, and bolted the linkage to the plate.I used the stock linkage, Hope it helps you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.