Ford Mustang Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts
My other hobby is volunteer work with the Coast Guard. I am also a Navy Veteran.

One of the pipes make on the "intercom" is "all hands turn to clean up ship".

I used that term (turn to) in my life quite frequently when I'm feeling lazy.

I also use it on other forums I shortened it (turn2) and as it is easy for me to remember life is good.:laughlitt

Well my name is Ray R. I got my nickname on the baseketball courts and football field by some friends in high school. I would get teased a bit because I would mess up the easy play quite a bit, but would make the spectacular play, hence big play Ray. I added the r because when I signed up for email bigplayray was taken so I choose bigplayrayr.

IndianaJones, where in Indiana did you live?

R.T.H. translates to "Rock The House". It is a corny name that my friends gave me a long time ago as joke that stuck. And my name is Jimmy, I use it as a goof and it always available as a user name and easy to remember!

I always liked the old planet of the apes movies. The Cornelius character reads something that goes, "Beware the beast man... for he is the devil's pawn." (abridged) That always stuck with me for some reason, though not a religious reason at all, and I always thought he was a well done character.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
bigplayrayr said:
IndianaJones, where in Indiana did you live?
Southern Indiana. About 5 minutes east of Evansville in a little town called Newburgh.

I work in the computer gaming industry. Everyone in our industry has an online nickname. When I was first starting out I didn't know what to use and there was an old 80s toy on my desk called a Boglin so I used that. It kinda stuck. Been using it as my online name for the last 9 years.

I found this site showing the silly toy. ...
http://www.x-entertainment.com/messages/449.html

My first name is Hal. I work in the computer business. My boss' name used to be Dave. Any nerd or sci-fi fan (who has seen "2001: A Space Odyssey") can explain to you about the famous villain in that film. Since Hal9000 is a common "nick" in the nerd world, I chose Hal900x to indicate "some future revision of the Hal9000 series". This is accurate: robots, operating systems and so forth often have their series incremented, and the X indicates "any revision in the series" ie Windows 9x = Windows 95 or some later revision such as Windows 98. If you are playing some online game and get smoked by Hal900x, that would be me.

I've been collecting Allstate motorcycles and auto accessories for about 20 years. Many people mistakenly think I sell insurance (nope)

My website may explain more
allstateguy.tripod.com

jiobao said:
actually, you can still change your user name if you want, and as this is a database driven web site it will "reassign" your name for all of your posts. Just go to your user control panel: "User CP" in the dark gray band near the top.
I tried, there is no place to be found to change the name:(

Mine is the Ohio Revised Code (state law) for Speeding! :naughty

well pooh!

I know someone on this forum that has done it, but that was before the redesign of the site, and now that I
check, I do not see anything either. Sorry to have given you bogus info.! :doh:
Waxed'05 GT said:
I tried, there is no place to be found to change the name:(

This is a dang good thread...learning alot...almost like an icebreaker question at a Sunday School class or small group training...

At any rate, I'm a weird guy when it comes to names/nicknames (each of my children have about ten of them, courtesy of me), so here goes for whatever it's worth:

Dave Ziebart was quarterback at the AF Academy during my time there, and I once went out on a date with a fellow cadet (yeah, a girl...my class of '80 was the first class with women) who seemed more interested in talking about him than getting to know me. That was like a SEVERE bummer, but I worked with the pain and started referring to MY self as "Z" (the QB's nickname). I've written about three dozen songs, mostly morose wave, and when I went to put them to cassette with my Casio keyboard back in the late '80s I needed a name for my (one man) band...and came up with Z Regime, because it rhymes, it has a political connection, and I liked the connotation (the last, the final, the ultimate oppression).

And THAT'S the rest of the story.

Good day.

I was an autobody technician for about 5 years. Body filler is fondly refered to "mud" in the shops I've worked so I started using the nick mudman online. I've found that the internet has many people using the name so I just started adding 88 to the end of it whenever I sign up to a new site or whatnot. I "gratiated" from highschool in 88. :thumbsup

i am running out of ideas b/c my dad keeps getting us kicked off of AOL, so everytime that happens, I have to think of a new name. I like my s/n's to match my e-mail address.

mine is part of my name Anthony, year of car i drive, and what kinda car.

Wow, that junk was hard to think of. Mr. Creative here.

Just my name, Kristal, in Hawaiian. Well actually, it's supposed to be Kaihiola...but I took the "O" out..so it's Kaihila. I like it and it's my username everywhere. :D

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.