Ford Mustang Forum banner

How did you choose your username? What does it mean?

5K views 59 replies 52 participants last post by  GhostlyStang 
#1 · (Edited)
OK, a lot of your user names are obvious but some of them are not. How did you choose your name and what does it mean? I'm originally from the state of Indiana and my last name is Jones. Not too difficult to figure mine out but a lot of them I'm not sure of.

#2 ·
IndianaJones said:
OK, a lot of your user names are obvious but some of them are not. How did you choose your name and what does it mean? I'm originally from the great state of Indiana and my last name is Jones. Not too difficult to figure mine out but a lot of them I'm not sure of.
HMMM INTERESTING TOPIC, BUT ID RATHER HEAR ABOUT 05 MUSTANGS... SORRY BUD:evillol:

#3 · (Edited)
militarystang said:
HMMM INTERESTING TOPIC, BUT ID RATHER HEAR ABOUT 05 MUSTANGS... SORRY BUD:evillol:
I love this place. It's just like my shop... hahaha
(weekend musician)

#4 ·
Mines pretty obvious FoMoCo (ford motor company) I dont work for ford motor company but I do work for a ford dealer.

D plan :laughlitt

#5 ·
militarystang said:
I would like to apologize for asking this question. I thought it would be interesting to hear how some of your names came about. However, since it's not a question specifically about 05 Mustangs then I would like to ask a moderator to kindly delete this thread. I will ask this question on another, more appropriate board. Oh yeah, this is the board where I am interested in how the users chose their names. Nevermind.

#6 ·
IndianaJones said:
I would like to apologize for asking this question. I thought it would be interesting to hear how some of your names came about. However, since it's not a question specifically about 05 Mustangs then I would like to ask a moderator to kindly delete this thread. I will ask this question on another, more appropriate board. Oh yeah, this is the board where I am interested in how the users chose their names. Nevermind.
Your question was fine, Just trying to get to know everybody and theres nothing wrong with that. peace bro :)

#8 ·
I originally found this site in March of this year while doing an internet search for a windveil blue stang that I was considering to order, but no dealer in the area had one that color for me to see. I came across a thread and wanted to chime in. The thread was discussing waxing/detailing, etc. Just car care in general and thats what I do for a living. (My daily driver license plate reads: TWax 643) So I figured I would just use Waxed with the car I originally ordered an '05 GT. Simple, but too bad I can't change it cause the '05 will never happen for me.

#11 ·
When we first signed up for internet access years ago we used letters from our name. OK, so we weren't very creative... it was the 80's, need I say more? It stuck....
Hubby is BRNRKM and I'm Mrs.BRNRKM.

#12 ·
MustangBaxter.. what it means

Well mine is simple, first off, love mustangs, and baxter was the name of our first born that is no longer with us.:sosad: See, plain and simple.... ( good topic )

Tim

#14 ·
2k5GTC said:
You have to forgive militarystang. He's just an old grump. :p I think 2k5GTC pretty much covers what I wanted/ordered/got. :wavey
Well d@mn...caught heat for that one......my bad.....ok...first of all im not old...im 20.... I love mustangs, my 05, and the the whole mustang family. I feel part of something special.. therefore I must retract my statment as I WAS feeling grumpy at the time...To be honest I sometimes wonder where people pick the Names myself... So my apologies go out.... Im sure you can guess where mine came from, I love the AIR FORCE, and my stang... Id change it now if i could but I dont want to lose all My posts and look like a newb....:laughlitt
Unless its someting really stupid... POST IT... all you guys rock... peace:thumbup

#15 ·
first time I entered an internet forum my first half-dozen choices were already in use... out of frustration I tried nonsense.... guess what, it was already in use, as was nonsenseA1.

G
#16 ·
I've wondered about a few posters from time to time. While this thread probably belongs in some off topic forum, I rarely venture out of the 2005+ forum, so personally I'm glad its here.

Mine's taken from a Scorpions album/song, Eye to Eye (Eye][Eye). Since you can't use brackets in a domain name, I left it all lower case and replaced em with L's, hense eyelleye. Probably not too inventive, but it's just kinda stuck for the last 6 years. Lyrics available here: http://the-scorpions.com/english/discography/records/eye_to_eye.htm#6. Eye To Eye

#17 · (Edited)
my name on this forum is the shortened version of the name I use on the only other forums I hang out on - which is Chinese martial arts and other sword related sites.

jiobao = "bartender" in Mandarin Chinese, and the full name is "jiobaobubai" which litteraliy means "the bartender never fails," but to the Chinese the meaning is more like "The Invincible Bartender." It is a play on the name of a character in one of the most "famous" of the cheesy Chinese Gong Fu movies. Famous to Chinese people anyway, and stars the fabulously, incredibly, gorgeous Lin Ching Hsia:

http://www.brigittelin.com/PBLgallery.htm :drool:

I figured the full version would not make much sense here as the only people who would get it are those who speak Chinese, study the martials arts, and really really know the most obscure Chinese movies. But everyone can appreciate a bartender. :drink:

#18 ·
actually, you can still change your user name if you want, and as this is a database driven web site it will "reassign" your name for all of your posts. Just go to your user control panel: "User CP" in the dark gray band near the top.

militarystang said:
Well d@mn...caught heat for that one......my bad.....ok...first of all im not old...im 20.... I love mustangs, my 05, and the the whole mustang family. I feel part of something special.. therefore I must retract my statment as I WAS feeling grumpy at the time...To be honest I sometimes wonder where people pick the Names myself... So my apologies go out.... Im sure you can guess where mine came from, I love the AIR FORCE, and my stang... Id change it now if i could but I dont want to lose all My posts and look like a newb....:laughlitt

Unless its someting really stupid... POST IT... all you guys rock... peace:thumbup

#20 ·
Mine is from my other hobby - mountain biking. In most organized races, there is a class for riders over 200lb - the Clydesdales. Since I have another 50lbs on them, I must be ultraclyde, right?

Did you know you can fit a disassembled mountain bike in the trunk of an '05??

#21 ·
My other hobby is volunteer work with the Coast Guard. I am also a Navy Veteran.

One of the pipes make on the "intercom" is "all hands turn to clean up ship".

I used that term (turn to) in my life quite frequently when I'm feeling lazy.

I also use it on other forums I shortened it (turn2) and as it is easy for me to remember life is good.:laughlitt

#22 ·
Well my name is Ray R. I got my nickname on the baseketball courts and football field by some friends in high school. I would get teased a bit because I would mess up the easy play quite a bit, but would make the spectacular play, hence big play Ray. I added the r because when I signed up for email bigplayray was taken so I choose bigplayrayr.

IndianaJones, where in Indiana did you live?

#25 ·
R.T.H. translates to "Rock The House". It is a corny name that my friends gave me a long time ago as joke that stuck. And my name is Jimmy, I use it as a goof and it always available as a user name and easy to remember!

#26 ·
I always liked the old planet of the apes movies. The Cornelius character reads something that goes, "Beware the beast man... for he is the devil's pawn." (abridged) That always stuck with me for some reason, though not a religious reason at all, and I always thought he was a well done character.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.