Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope y'all can help, I'm getting a teskid block n 4v heads and then getting either a forged/balanced 4.6 or 5.0 kit (which is better?) and a 2004 Cobra M112 w/ tb, injectors etc. I want to make 420-500 RWHP and want to know what all I need to do the swap. I know I need LT headers, re-wire n new tune. but is the power I'm looking 4 within reason or do I just need to skip the termi S/C and get a kennebell ? Also what is a good price 4 a used m112 ?

thanks, ya-awl :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
I'd recommend rebuilding the engine you have with the forged internals and adding the KB or a mid size turbo, to do a Terminator piece by piece would be very expensive, a whole takeout engine would be much better/cheaper...then have the Eaton ported/pullied and you could make the numbers you desire. No matter how you look at this it's going to be expensive, you might consider selling the car you have and just buying a Terminator, swaps/builds take cash, cars can be financed.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I got a teskid aluminum block w/ 4v heads but its out of a lincoln so the cams sux, cast crank n rods but I could sell the heads n just put a tork tech or kenne on the 2v heads n just build it up but I thought the 4v's were/are better 2 make HP.

A friend has the Cobra m112 but what is a good deal on it??? or am I just paying 4 his kennebell?????

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
First of all an Eaton will not work with the heads you have, those are the "B" heads, you need the "C" heads which came on 03-04 mach1s and cobras, so forget using that blower...also you need the intake, intercooler and heat exchanger and all small parts...so let's just forget this at this point as you would spend more and get less than just buying and assembling all that than just buying a KB kit...
You will have alot less complications just building up what you have with forged components, if money is no object get those Trick Flow heads and a supercharger that you can intercool and I'm sure you'll make your numbers...
No matter what you need $2500 for shortblock rebuild/forged, headwork, now you need a blower kit...I spent $7500 for my kb install/tune/upgrades alone(the KB is $4100 at retail)...do you see that now you are at $10,000 just for your motor? You can easily buy a whole terminator motor on Ebay for $4-5000...
A good solid turbo kit is $1800 ish. so don't forget that, it's also easier to intercool
Or you could sell your car for $8K ish, add the 10K and nearly have a whole Terminator?

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u have good points "2many" I think I'd be cheaper like you said. But one quick question. What is the difference between the "B" & "C" heads???? I thought 4.6L 4V were all the same it was just the cams were different....

·
Banned
12,435 Posts
u have good points "2many" I think I'd be cheaper like you said. But one quick question. What is the difference between the "B" & "C" heads???? I thought 4.6L 4V were all the same it was just the cams were different....
No in 03-04 Mach 1s and Cobras Ford changed the heads to what is know as "tumble port" design or "C" head, they have different port configurations, for the Eaton blower/intake you need the "C" heads to mate up properly.
The cams are different, old B head cams are more agressive than C head cams. If you've never been in a Mach1 you'd be amazed how much torquier it is than the older cobras.
This "Eaton on my dohc" is a common question, it's not really feasible unless you have the entire top half of a terminator motor (heads, intake, intercooler, heat exchanger, pullies and a million little parts). it has been done, but it's not the best route to forced induction.
Really you could add a good turbo with intercooler, run about 10-12 psi on the motor you have and probably make a good 320-350rwhp for about $2500-3000, then you could build your motor somewhere down the road, turn up the boost and make as much power as you want...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'll pretty much second everything he just told you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.