Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 88 5.0 mustang gt and I need to change it from automatic to manual but I need help on how to do it? I spears have a standard mustang i am using for parts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
ill go over it with you.first you need to make a parts list.what do you have for the swap right now?is your car fuel injected?it would be easier if you called me.my name is kenneth 9547243387 you can call tonight if you want.have a pen and paper ready.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it fuel injected and I have a junk yard and have more then 4 5.0s standard so I'm more then forsure we have the parts, but I'll try can you text?

·
Registered
29 Posts
no its a home phone just call if u want.

·
Registered
184 Posts
It's pretty Simple, I just did it with my 87Gt. Make sure you do not run the car with the automatic O2 Sensor harness still installed after the install. Change that right away so you don't forget or you'll smoke your computer.

You'll have to cut the tranny tunnel opening about 1/2-3/4" to fit the T5 shifter.

You'll need to buy a new pilot bearing for the T5 input shaft as it is not there for an automatic. And I suggest a new throw out bearing too. Also change the rear main seal, It's right there and takes 15 seconds. You'll be glad that you did.

Also, You can take out a T5 alone and carry it around no problem. Get some help taking the AOD out. I almost lost my arm! :nono: It's a heavy sucker.

Good Luck, Let me know if you need any help. It is still fresh in my brain :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts