Ford Mustang Forum banner

How do I disable ABS?

9K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Timbarna 
#1 ·
It really dissapointed me to find out the GT500 had ABS on it. The other day, I went to do a brake-stance burnout and thought my rear-end exploded (Gary Paul, thats wide open for you to chime in on ;)). Once I caught my breath, I realized that ABS was on the car (huge dissapointement, not to mention pissed off). Anyway, I am wanting to know if there are any fuses to pull that will disable ABS. Also, is there a shop manual for the GT500? I dont know how far the wiring differs from the GT, but I would like a manual that covers the who make-up of the GT500. Any help would be greatly appreciated on both issues.

#2 ·
abs has been on many vehicles over the years and never effected a burnout you sure you turned the traction control off? and if you disable the ABS and wreck its on you not the insurance

#4 ·
TC was off.... I have done a few burnout with TC on (accidentally) and know the difference... This was definitely ABS and wheel spin trying to cancel each other out. I confirmed this with a speed shop on Friday. Remember, I am talking about stepping on the brake while doing a burnout.

This is my first vehicle with ABS. When I purchase all my other vehicles, I made sure ABS was NOT included with the vehicle. I did not think the gov't stepped in and made it mandatory on all vehicles, so, I didn't think the mustang had it.

I don't know much about them, but line lock kits are made to turn off ABS for racing/burnouts when there is no fuse for ABS. I believe I have seen posts that the mustang has fuses, but cant find which ones.

#6 ·
TCS defaults to ON every time you restart the car. Can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to reset the switch after restarting for one reason or another.

The TCS system uses the ABS hardware to prevent wheel slip while accelerating.

#7 ·
I realize what TCS is... it was off. Im looking for how to disable ABS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.