Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i finally got the car to stop over heating thanks to the advices i gotfrom u guys it ended up been the radiator fan top and changed the temperature sencore...

(1)so knowi need to work on the gas gauge the needle is always stu on empty it wont work at at so what or how do i fix that i have no idea on that..?

(2) i got a new motor for my convertible top the motor works but it wont make my top go up or down what else do i need to do for it to work all the wires are connected and hoses too. help please.. :?:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your issue with the level of gas is going to be the sending unit in your tank.. They are available at any retail store or summit sells them also!!! Once you drop the tank you might want to go ahead and clean out all of the rust out of it!!! Install your new sending unit and off you go!!!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Did you install hydraulic fluid in the new top motor? If not, there's your problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh ok thats sounds good. do you have an idea how much are the sending unit? and another problem it just started today i try pumping gas n it wont take it it feels like something is clogging the tank n it shuts of while im driving the car or wen i stop it feels like the gas is not going threw could it be the fuel filter or gas pump?

·
Registered
369 Posts
could be all of the above. get ur car as close to empty as u can and drop the son of bitc# u might as well replace ur seals and filler neck grommet and if ur gonna do any engine upgrades now would be the time to put a 255lph fuel pump in it. walbro makes a good pump and they r all pretty cheap. autozone has the pump and sending unit or order online. just some ideas. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts