Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am converting to a dual exhaust for my v6 and have chosen SLP Loudmouths for the axleback which I hear provide a good rumble. What other parts of the exhaust can make it louder and deeper and any specific brands?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
i just went custom bent true duals with cats, mine sound great.

the JLT CAI really took 95% of the pop out of my mufflers ( oversized chambers ):happyhapp

·
Registered
123 Posts
chambered flowmasters.

i hav 40 series dual h pipe. love them inspired from the man 05horse

get the h. u will love them. u will hav car alarms go off.

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
chambered flowmasters.

i hav 40 series dual h pipe. love them inspired from the man 05horse

get the h. u will love them. u will hav car alarms go off.

hehe im glad someone likes my sound!

yea i dident do an H because of cost. but they help a tad.

:gringreen i set alarms off because i liek to drive down side streets, parking garages, and next to buildings in 1st gear.

just something about setting off 20 car alarms in one garage, thats why i park on the top lmao!

·
Registered
621 Posts
sadly it wont ever sound like a V8.. unless you get a V8. it's just the way our engines fire and that we have 2 less pistons. i personally enjoy the sound of just removing the muffler. theres some drone in certain ranges but sounds awesome at WOT and people always ask what kinda exhaust i have so i smile and say none lol. but its free and you should take a look at it before you spend money on exhaust unless you want the extra couple hp. i'm just planning on replacing the engine once my loan is up.

·
Registered
495 Posts
What exactly is a catted exhaust system?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
s cstted exaust is any exaust with catalytic converters on it.

all cars come with them

some take them off.

mine sounds liek a V8 at idle. and low low rpms.

·
Registered
781 Posts
hehe im glad someone likes my sound!

yea i dident do an H because of cost. but they help a tad.

:gringreen i set alarms off because i liek to drive down side streets, parking garages, and next to buildings in 1st gear.

just something about setting off 20 car alarms in one garage, thats why i park on the top lmao!
Love it. Cant wait to put on my Bassani race exhaust on my GT next week. can u say WAKING THE NEIGHBORHOOD UP?

Ull never be the same as a GT. Prob louder but most V6 exhausts are just noise, not that rumble that a V8 puts out. Id go similer exhaust to 05Horse.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
im not sure how to get a v8 sound, but as soon as you find out, let me know!

anyway, heres my set up... dual pypes violators straight back over the axle from the cats.....
YouTube - violators 4.0 v6 mustang

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.