Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the passenger side aluminum dash bezel? The part on the right side of the two horizontal dash panels that cover the air bag.

I know there are two clips that hold the right side, but how do I pop the left side of the piece off?

My car is in the shop for engine problems, but I wanted to know how to do this when I get it back.

http://www.stangdecals.com/mustang_interior_accent_dash_script_pic2.jpg

I have a rattle coming from this piece. I am going to pad the underside.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn. Anyway to get it off without bending the dash piece?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not the two horizontal pieces covering the air bag, but the piece right beside it that surrounds the passenger side air vent.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Not the two horizontal pieces covering the air bag, but the piece right beside it that surrounds the passenger side air vent.
Ahh sorry! Doh! :hihi:

I'm pretty sure you'd just slowly pull it off. Most the things on this car require some force to remove... Just take it easy...

·
Registered
567 Posts
If it is still under the 12/12 warranty, let the dealer break it trying to get it off. Yes, rattles are covered.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
I read someone's comment a while ago saying "These cars are so well built you can hear all the rattles!" as if it were a good thing. It's a Ford... Rattles are aren't problems, they're features! :shigrin :laugh:

I agree... Make Ford deal with it. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
777 Posts
Are you certain it's coming from there? I thought my rattle was coming from that location because my wife could push on it and it would stop, but turns out it was actually the A-pillar cover dropping down and rubbing against the dash. Putting pressure on that piece presses the dash tighter against the A-pillar, and would stop the rattle. But the A-pillar cover was the real culprit. Might want to try getting a passenger to press upward on the A-pillar before you go tearing the dash apart, just to be sure. :bigthumbsup

~HA

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
The rattle is still there - But it's about 1/4 of the volume it was before. I'll try putting some more cloth by the rear seatbelt tensioner ~ I hope that'll fix it.

It is much better now!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.