Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering adding a vinyl stripe kit to go along with the side stripes I recently installed. One thing I will have to do is remove the hood washer nozzles before installing the stripes.

I haven't looked at the car to see how they are on, but I searched the forum and no one seems to have answered this -

How do you remove the washer nozzles from the hood?

Thanks in advance!
-David

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
A 10mm deep socket will work on most of them. just push the socket on to squeeze the sides and it will push thru the hood. becareful pulling the hose off. twist it back and forth while pulling.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Yes, do be careful taking off the hose. They're on pretty good, but patience and persistence will pay off. Just took them off the wifes vert today to install a hood scoop and at times I was afraid I was gonna break the nozzle, but twisting back and forth while gingerly pulling up did the trick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking under the hood, I see we have a heat/sound shield installed on the underside of the hood. Do I need to remove this to get access to the nozzles?

It appears this shield covers the underside of the nozzle assemblies, or do I push them down and out from the top?

-David

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
Looking under the hood, I see we have a heat/sound shield installed on the underside of the hood. Do I need to remove this to get access to the nozzles?

It appears this shield covers the underside of the nozzle assemblies, or do I push them down and out from the top?

-David
No you don't have to remove the heat shield.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so I simply push down on them from the top, and they pop through the hood? Then once done with the stripes, I pop them back in from the underside of the hood?

Sounds too easy...

-David

D

·
0 Posts
so I simply push down on them from the top, and they pop through the hood? Then once done with the stripes, I pop them back in from the underside of the hood?

Sounds too easy...
-David
No. With hood open, reach under hood blanket and disconnect the wash tubes from the nozzles. And yes, they are a b*tch to disconnect. Once disconnected, squeeze the sides of the nozzles from underneath.. while pushing up and back slightly toward windshield. The nozzles come out from the top side. I removed mine to add my BSM stripes. They went back in very easily.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts

Sounds too easy...

-David
make sure you put them back in with the squirter facing the windshield. :gringreen

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
make sure you put them back in with the squirter facing the windshield. :gringreen
LOL.... good advice ****... never thought of that happening....

to be frank whenever someone mentions the windshield washer nozzles it makes me angry.... if there was something that bothered me about the s197 from day one....it was the the fact that i dont understand why ford couldn't have put them somewhere else other then the hood....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Removing windshield nozzles

I understand about pulling them off from underneath at rear of hood. However when you pulling the hose off seems difficult. I went underneath and played with the end of the pray nozzle ans see why using a 10 mm deep socket would be helpful. Except that when you try to pull the hose off, it seems very rigid. And when you put the nozzles back on will it match up perfectly with the end of the nozzle and trying to reinsert the hose would be both awkward and difficult since I can't seem to get my hand completely behind the nozzle itself. Any hints would be helpful. Thanks Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand about pulling them off from underneath at rear of hood. However when you pulling the hose off seems difficult. I went underneath and played with the end of the pray nozzle ans see why using a 10 mm deep socket would be helpful. Except that when you try to pull the hose off, it seems very rigid. And when you put the nozzles back on will it match up perfectly with the end of the nozzle and trying to reinsert the hose would be both awkward and difficult since I can't seem to get my hand completely behind the nozzle itself. Any hints would be helpful. Thanks Jim

OK I'm no mechanic but here's what i did...

Pinching the locks on the sides was the easy part, and trying to do all that under the hood was a PITA, So I release the side locks and fed the entire assembly up through the hole in the hood.

This made it much easier to get the hose off without damaging it, and kept me from having to mess with it under the hood in that awkward position. Still be careful and gentle working the hose off the T connector, but you will need to apply some effort and twisting back and forth, but this was WAY easier and I thought I'd share it....this is a great forum, glad I found it! Thanks for getting me a step ahead of where I was before...lol. Danny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts