Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there has to be some way to tighten my ebrake or do i need to get new pads/??? my mom took it for a spin one time never took the e-brake off note to everyone never let girls drive :nono:

·
Banned
9,214 Posts
and she dident hear the grind?

you may need new pads... who knows unless you go look. mostly depends on how far she drove.

under the car at teh end of the trans tunnel should be a 1 cable to 2 cbale inverter.. it may have an adustment.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a front and rear cable. The front cable is self adjusting and I dont think there is an adjustment for the rear but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
when she pulled up it wasnt making any noise but i sure could smell it and i asked her if she had been doing burn outs ??? because thats what it smelled like :hihi: but idk how far she went maybe 3 to 5 miles anyway it still works it its just now like i pull it goin 5 or 10 and it takes like 20-30 feet to stop i would think it would do something like the movies lol and lock up...how do i check if my pads are bad???

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
when she pulled up it wasnt making any noise but i sure could smell it and i asked her if she had been doing burn outs ??? because thats what it smelled like :hihi: but idk how far she went maybe 3 to 5 miles anyway it still works it its just now like i pull it goin 5 or 10 and it takes like 20-30 feet to stop i would think it would do something like the movies lol and lock up...how do i check if my pads are bad???
You have to pull the rear tires and check the pads. I really don't think there is an adjustment. Chances are, the pads are just glazed over if she didn't burn them up. That's a gut call for you to either change them or run it the way they are......

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
alright guys thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.