Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take the front license plate off..but there are those two annoying holes! any suggestions on how to fill them or somene way of making them dissapear lol??:smilie thanx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
You're in luck with the black car. Try taking the plate off, reinserting the mounting screws without the plate, then snap on two black screw cap covers. Of course this is a solution only for temporary plate removal. I have no idea how you'd make a permanent repair to the fascia that would look decent.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
used velco

While I cannot help you in filling the holes, but I mounted my plate in the following fashion.

I cut the heads off of two license plate screws and hot glued them to the two upper holes in the plate and then used strips of velco to attach the plate to the front of the car.... No holes, No mess, Comes off easy and the adhesive from the velcro did not bother the paint (held well too..):naughty

Royce.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cops havent stopped u yet??? lol, im 16 so if they see me with no license plate...ya know, they'll stop me without even giving it a second chance.:madas:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,820 Posts
chopper-boyz said:
While I cannot help you in filling the holes, but I mounted my plate in the following fashion.

I cut the heads off of two license plate screws and hot glued them to the two upper holes in the plate and then used strips of velco to attach the plate to the front of the car.... No holes, No mess, Comes off easy and the adhesive from the velcro did not bother the paint (held well too..):naughty

Royce.
Wow, this has held up so far? interesting.
Im going with no plate until I need to. Im close to state border and the other state does not require them so alot of cars riding around with no plate the cops seem not to be looking for that as much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
78 Posts
You can go to Auto Zone and get a few of those Black plastic push type body moulding plugs. They come in various sizes and you may have to open the hole up a tad but once its pushed in you will never see it there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
419 Posts
front licens plate holes

Baginoman said:
I want to take the front license plate off..but there are those two annoying holes! any suggestions on how to fill them or some way of making them dissapear lol??:smilie thanx
If you can, . . Do like I did. Get a body shop to fill them in when painting stripes.

http://www.rideartcustoms.com/forum...hread.php?t=286
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
Painted bolts

well the dealership already drilled in the holes ( dummys!!)

So I had an idea to Paint the Bolts the same color with ford Touch up Paint.... here they are...
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Leon,
What is the rule in NV anyways? In PA we don't need front plates so I have not even thought about it until now.
I don't even have holes or bolts. There is just a slight indentation where they would go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Sb 251

SB 251: Passed 07-01-05 states that IF your car doesent have a PERMENT Bracket to mount your front plate, then its NOT required......

SB251 Introduced on: Mar 21, 2005By: (Bolded name indicates primary sponsorship)
Raggio , Townsend , Hardy , Amodei , Beers , Cegavske , Heck , Mathews , McGinness , Rhoads , Tiffany , Titus , Washington , Wiener , AllenAuthorizes operation of certain motor vehicles without front license plate under certain circumstances. (BDR 43-463)


I hope this helps, Tim
P.S. I have not had a front plate on mine, and NO holes.... have been pulled over twice, told em about SB 251, and they let me go..:worship
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
Does the V6 fall into this category? It has a place to put the plate, but no bracket.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Honestly, I dont know, you can always run with out one, tell em ya just moved from out of state, if they give ya a " fix it " ticket, then go buy some velcro, one small piece on the bumper, one on the plate..... show DMV, and remove when y get home..<wink>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
418 Posts
I see some people driving around with the plate sitting on the dash. Wonder what the legal issue is on that? I guess just the V6s have the area in the front bumper for a plate cause my GT doesn't but the dealer drilled holes anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
165 Posts
gabriel05 said:
Leon,
What is the rule in NV anyways? In PA we don't need front plates so I have not even thought about it until now.
I don't even have holes or bolts. There is just a slight indentation where they would go.
In Nevada ya gotta have a plate because of that slight indentation...... But I'll just drive around till I get the fix it ticket, fix it then remove it as soon as I get home because the front plate looks JUST Fugly!!
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top