Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in installing an amp and a set of 10's in the back of my 94 gt vert. If anyone knows any links, or has any tips for me to tap the wires to go into speaker level inputs on my amp I would appreciate it. I wish I had step by step instructions..I'd be alot more comfortable with this install. I'm sure its basic for you all, but Its a first time thing, and I kinda dont wanna pay 75-150 here to have it done at a local audio shop. It can't be that hard to install an amp with speaker level inputs can it?

I'm not replacing the whole mach system due to money issues

·
Registered
244 Posts
Simple. If you amp has "high level" inputs you splice into the speaker wires and run them right into the amps high level inputs(L+,L-,R+,R-). If the amp does not have "high level" inputs you need to get a RCA line out convertor like a Scosche Loc80, seen below, splice into the speaker wires and hook them to the convertors high level inputs(L+,L-,R+,R-) then run RCAs from the convertor to the deck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so all I have to do is find where the cables attach to the speakers and take half of it and crimp it to wires that are attached to the high level input part of my amp?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Correct, you can even pick up some Wire Tap-in Squeeze connectors from LHS or Radio Shack seen below. No cutting or taping wires just leave your speakers hooked up up as they are and clamp these connectors on to "tap" in.

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
OK, i Have a question. my cheap headunit ( its an insignia i bought at Best Buy) has a bass adjust like most headunits, but my question is, will this roughly double the bass when i amp it? im wonderinthis becouse i have bridged 2 sets of powered computer speakers and it doubled the bass on the second pair. so will this happen to my setup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.