Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to keep my 06 GT nice - but I've found it tough to keep the nose clean! Do you guys do anything besides use a Qtip to keep the grille clean? All those hard to get spots...
Joe

·
Registered
886 Posts
I use a fairly long bristle, square head wheel brush. Plastic offset handle and the head is about 6" square, with bristles about 2 1/2" long. Works fairly well with a little determination.

The bugs on the bumper, on the other hand.....

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just use my wash mitt, followed by a nice rinse. Then I take my hand-dandy air compressor and BLOW THE HECK out of the thing. :laughlitt :wavey

G

·
i really cant clean mine too good...i wipe it with a dry towel...i dont want to damage the chrome and my air horn is right behind it...i had them install my nod to my fav muscle car..the general lee...before i bought it...so now my horn is the same as bo and lukes...lol

Attachments

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
2k5GTC said:
I just use my wash mitt, followed by a nice rinse. Then I take my hand-dandy air compressor and BLOW THE HECK out of the thing. :laughlitt :wavey

+1

1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

·
Registered
713 Posts
what bugs???....isn't it 10 degrees where you are too....i just worry about getting the salt off the car before it eats down to the metal!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have one of those fancy hand-held steam cleaners you see on informercials...I use it on the grill, and it actually works pretty well. Add a soft brush, as mentioned above, and you're good to go.

Incidentally, the steam cleaner works for sh!t on wheels, regardless of what the commercials show. It'll blow off surface dust, but brake dust still requires a good scrubbing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I use a soft camel-hair brush and Mequires detail spray. Put a mist on the brush, clean the section, repeat until finished. Use a separate brush to sweep after drying. Occasionally I use original ArmorAll if the plastic looks too dull afterward, but most times it comes out clean and fine.:wavey

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good advice here; I was hoping I'd be able to do a short cut and spray something on/wash off (as long as it wasn't too dirty anyway). There are just so many little cracks and little spaces all over the car to get clean and I was hoping for something easy... :)

Joe

·
Registered
191 Posts
swap the grille out for a street scene and they are really easy to keep clean.......:cool: and as for the bottom one if you swapped to the agressive cdc front spoiler it takes it away.....:cool: just a thought....and it looks cool too....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.