Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have wanted an orange Mustang ever since the 1970's. Does anyone know how to go about getting one? Can it be ordered from the factory as a custom color? or do you have to take it for a paintover?

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have wanted an orange Mustang ever since the 1970's. Does anyone know how to go about getting one? Can it be ordered from the factory as a custom color? or do you have to take it for a paintover?

Thanks in advance!!!
Unless you buy a used Grabber Orange Mustang, you would have to take a new one to a custom paint shop as Ford hasn't offered Grabber Orange for a couple of years now....

·
Registered
927 Posts
Not currently available from Ford and you would need to , as mentioned do one of two things.

Have one customer painted
or
local a used Mustang, I beleive from 2007 and 2008 that was factory colored Gabber Orange.

Good Luck

·
Registered
872 Posts
I think Ford made a mistake by not sticking with grabber orange. It's a great color and only like 1% of mustangs are in that color. Just my opinion, but they should have grabber green(new!), grabber blue, grabber yellow(rename), and grabber orange. The 'stangs have too many "dark" colors.

·
Registered
406 Posts
the color I would like the most would be "bullitt green" :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think Ford made a mistake by not sticking with grabber orange. It's a great color and only like 1% of mustangs are in that color. Just my opinion, but they should have grabber green(new!), grabber blue, grabber yellow(rename), and grabber orange. The 'stangs have too many "dark" colors.
That I concur (about Grabber Orange) so beautiful!

I plan to buy one too (Ingut Silver) and still pondering whether to do it with my own customer painted but likely will hold on it till 2 years of use thereafter.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I agree with the earlier comment, I really light the Highland Green on the Bullet

To the fellow that started the thread, later this production year, this a color that looks gold but is actually called Yellow Blaze.. it a metallic though and seems that you prefer the solid colors..

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
If you order 5 at one time you can get them factory painted just about any shade.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ford is currently set up to do VSS/special paint colors on C/Vics, E-Series, Rangers, F150, and F250SD thru F750 only. These can be painted current factory colors, or about a dozen or so popular fleet colors at no charge, and about 20+ other fleet colors at a small charge.
Ford could decide to offer VSS paint if they desired, but they sell the Mustangs fast enough without the hassle, and it is only a fleet car to mostly Hertz and a few other rental companies who just buy random colors.

·
Registered
111 Posts
@ ChaosFury - I believe the plan is to re-release the grabber colors, one at a time over the next few years. The grabber colors started in 1970 and ran until the early 70's. There were the following:

Grabber Yellow - My first car was a 1971 Mach1 in this shade
Grabber Orange
Grabber Blue
Grabber Green - My favorite
Grabber Lime - absolutely horrible in my opinion

Grabber Green would be awesome. Saleen was supposed to release some grabber green H302's back in 2008 but it never happened.

I had a Grabber Orange 2008 GT/CS and I loved the color and the car however when another car did some minor fender damage the local Ford dealer had an incredibly hard time blending and matching the paint. They ended up painting half of the car. Those colors are a %^$&%$ to match.

That's my .02 worth.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I am the original poster. Thanks for the info. If the 5 vehicle minimum for a custom color is true, I wonder if a dealer would invest in getting five, knowing there is a demand. Will look into this further and report back!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am the original poster. Thanks for the info. If the 5 vehicle minimum for a custom color is true, I wonder if a dealer would invest in getting five, knowing there is a demand. Will look into this further and report back!
You obviously did not read the post right after the "5 vehicle minimum" post ...

Ford is currently set up to do VSS/special paint colors on C/Vics, E-Series, Rangers, F150, and F250SD thru F750 only.

... so you are SOL for a custom color "from the factory" Mustang at this time.

Doug

·
Registered
679 Posts
I just placed an order for a 5.0 Premium GT and I asked for a special order color, Screaming Yellow. The dealer said I need to buy a fleet order of 25 Mustangs or more to get the special color.

It may be too hard to do, but perhaps you can find 24 other folks who would want a Grabber Orange Mustang. I am not serious about this! :hihi:

·
Registered
95 Posts
This is my biggest complaint when it comes to new cars. Lack of color. I know that the paint has to go through years of testing on a variety of different materials, etc. When most car brochures could be printed in black and white and you wouldn't really notice a difference...that's a problem. GIVE ME AN ORANGE OR GREEN! The best I could do with the one I ordered was Race Red.

·
Registered
328 Posts

Thanks in advance!!!
Check out the 2011 Saleen S302 - you can get custom color
"Igniter Orange custom factory paint"

Saleen Performance Vehicles | S302 Specifications

You might need to bring a fat wallet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.