Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started looking at Mustangs, I wanted to get a V6 with the Pony Package, but I mean are these looked down upon? I now want the GT, but just want input on what you guys think about this option.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Based on the amount of trouble you're having deciding on a car, I can't imagine what's going to happen when you try to decide on who to marry. "What do you guys think, should I marry the ditzy hot Blonde with no money, or the bitchy ugly Brunette who's family is rich?" Sorry, just having a little fun! :laughlitt

·
Registered
478 Posts
I think the Pony Package on the V6 looks great, I love the grille, and the fener emblems. I put the pony fender emblems on my GT. I think the V6 is a great car for the money, I just wanted a little more. Get what you want, who cares about others.

·
Registered
113 Posts
nolo451 said:
When I first started looking at Mustangs, I wanted to get a V6 with the Pony Package, but I mean are these looked down upon? I now want the GT, but just want input on what you guys think about this option.

I like the look on the 2006 V6 with the pony package and it reminds me of the 1967 model. I think convertible would make a great cruising car.

Put that baby in Meadowlark or Springtime Yellow and it would be too sweet! Arcadian blue would be nice too.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I absolutely love the pony package grill too! I've thought more than once about swapping out my grill for one! LOL!

To be blunt, yes, the V6's are looked down upon... certianly not by everyone but you will hear your fair share of "you should have got a GT" or "Oh, it's only a V6"... Now if that kind of talk bothers you, then you're better off with the GT...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I bought my '96 V6 coupe new. It's a great car. Fun to drive, excellent quality and never any problems. I've loved this car so much that I decided long ago my next car would also be a Mustang. But...whenever a GT drove by, I've always had a bit of horsepower envy. What am I getting this time? See my signature.

Just my .02

·
Registered
454 Posts
Marry the ditzy hot blonde with no money. At least that way when you get old you can remember what a good time you had before she dumped you for some jerk.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nah, you marry the ugly one with the money and screw around with the hot one! Seriously, I personally don't care for the grille on the pony package. I think the V6's look better without it. If I was going to get a V6, I'd save my money and not get the pony package. There are aftermarket grilles out there which look alot better IMO.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i dont like the grille on the pony package i bought the v6 and put pony emblems on the fenders,i think you get a lot of extras with the pony package but buy the car you want and don't worry about anyone else

·
Registered
713 Posts
i like the pony package..i wish they'd offered it as an option on the gt...instead i'm going to change the emblems...and get the coral insert for the grill...if ford was on top of this, they should would let you customize your car with whatever options you want....doesn't that scion ( rice-on or whatever it is ) do that...its smart business, makes the dealers money on installs, and lets you make your stang unique.

G

·
dont worry about who looks down on your v6 if you get it..it never ends..."shoulda got a v8"shoulda got a stick"shoulda got the saleen"shoulda waited for the cobra"shoulda got a vette"shoulda got a ferrari"shoulda got bugatti"screw em all...they shoulda got a life and stopped trying to live through yours and what u drive...i have the 06gt but i love that poney package...

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
nolo451 said:
Eh, who the heck cares, SOMEONE'S going to look down on your car, no matter what you get!!

Get what satisfies YOU.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
FordFreak said:
Nah, you marry the ugly one with the money and screw around with the hot one! Seriously, I personally don't care for the grille on the pony package. I think the V6's look better without it. If I was going to get a V6, I'd save my money and not get the pony package. There are aftermarket grilles out there which look alot better IMO.
The Pony package has several must haves, rear sway bar, bigger front sway bar, better tire/wheel combination, and better shocks all the way around.

I don't particularly care for the grille, or the stripes, but I'd get it for those items alone, and swap out what I didn't want.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I have never had anything but a V8 for a sports car. But the new stang is so sharp I would consider one (just for cruising of course) and I would get the pony package. Look at it like this, fog lights make anything a little cooler, especially if they are mounted in a retro way(in the grille). I'll take a Legend Lime V6 auto vert, pony package, Bullit wheels(GT take-offs), and the shaker 1000. It would be the perfect cruiser! But I would keep my ol' sn95 and make it stupid fast! :laughlitt

·
Registered
465 Posts
nolo451 said:
I like the Pony package and in fact bought the Pony grill and installed it on my 05. I think it goes one more step in the retro direction (Think 60's 'Stang GT's). Yeah, once in a while some moron is gonna question "you should have got a GT" and you just consider the source. The truth of the matter is that the cars are so similar in appearance that most people who see your car probably don't have a clue if you are driving a GT or a 4.0. All they know is it's a Mustang and they want one!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just took home a black V6 last week with a pony package and I think it's grand. I wrestled long and hard between the V6 and the GT (practical vs emotional), but practicality won out. Sure I have some regrets (especially when a GT roars by--dammit!) but she's purty and she's mine. Aside from the aesthetics, the additional hardware (tyres, wheels, ABS, TC, suspension, etc) really seals the deal if you're going the V6 route--at least it did for me.

But along with the general consensus here: bugger all. Do what YOU wanna do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I love my 05 GT. I like to drive fast, but a V6 will get up to speed eventually, right? I absolutely love that Pony package. Wish it had been offered on my GT. When I see the Pony I think two things- man that looks hot,and then, it's just a 6 cylinder. I don't know why, but that 6 cyl. thing just pops into my head! If you don't NEED speed, and have nothing to prove, go with the 6. What am I saying? GT's rock!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts