Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you have you mustang insured. Right now I have liability only, but as I sink more and more money into the car I think that may be a mistake.

The problem is KBB and NADA value our cars at almost nothing. You can't buy one for what they say they are worth. That is what you'd get if something happened and you had full coverage. My agent said he could do a rider stating the value of the car, but the premium is much higher that way. Or I could insure it as a classic which is cheap but I'm limited on how many miles a year it can be driven.:?:

The mustang is my second car (toy), but lately I drive it more then my almost new pickup.

G

·
I have mine insured with hagerty for the actual cash value of all the mods.....

plus its with our normal insurance carrier for the liability portion.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
i have liability only.. but since i keep it in the garage, i plan on keeping it that way.. if i were to leave it around different places more often or didn't have a garage to keep it in, i would def. at least get comprehensive.. i typically don't go for full coverage coz i don't drive recklessly and don't plan on hitting anyone or anything at my own fault.. but i do have uninsured/underinsured motorist in case i get hit by other people who are reckless.. lol

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Full coverage with a rider...KBB says my car is worth about $5000, and I could never come up with $5000 if I had to replace it next week given my current financials (recent grad, not working in lieu of studying).

The rider is actually a pretty minimal amount on my policy, especially given its (the policy's) value to me.

Plus, I live in Michigan, which is a no-fault state (your insurance pays you, their insurance pays them, regardless of who is the dumbass).

G

·
i have liability only.. but since i keep it in the garage, i plan on keeping it that way.. if i were to leave it around different places more often or didn't have a garage to keep it in, i would def. at least get comprehensive.. i typically don't go for full coverage coz i don't drive recklessly and don't plan on hitting anyone or anything at my own fault.. but i do have uninsured/underinsured motorist in case i get hit by other people who are reckless.. lol

What happens if it stolen.......:?:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Double check that with your agent.
I am sure. I have had a car stolen before.

That being said, I did include that I live in Michigan, which is a no-fault auto insurance state, which makes us different from many other states.

G

·
I am sure. I have had a car stolen before.

That being said, I did include that I live in Michigan, which is a no-fault auto insurance state, which makes us different from many other states.
Florida is also a no fault state and homeowners will not cover a stolen car unless its stolen out of a locked garage.......

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Florida is also a no fault state and homeowners will not cover a stolen car unless its stolen out of a locked garage.......
Thank your friendly insurance lobby for that nice little present...

Do you find it odd that, in one of the states with the highest rate of vehicle thefts, insurance coverage for vehicle thefts would be limited? Wonder who benefits from that set-up?

Michigan has some dipshit laws in place (probably attributable to the high concentration of dipshit legislators we seem to have)...but our insurance code is actually pretty decent...IMHO.

·
Registered
182 Posts
SC isn't a no fault state. Some broad ran into my truck while it was parked in our driveway a few years ago. I didn't have it insured at the time, and we didn't have renters insurance. If I had had insurance, MY insurance would have been responsible (per the cops, & her insurance agent). Only because I didn't, HER insurance paid me for the damages...

I got a great check out of it, and sold the truck. :heha:

The whole system is stupid. Put an alarm on your car that has a kill switch. You get a discount on your insurance, and if you do the kill switch right, the car isn't going anywhere unless the theif has a tow truck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.