Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok seems like a stupid question but I know there must be technique for the mustang. I have my TC off and I still cant do it with ease. If I do it on my benz, I can easily spin the tires and make a hell lotta smoke.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I assume you have a GT. Not that the V6 can't spin the wheels, but your "Shock" makes me think that way.
Anyway, I have an automatic. Traction control "Off ". Lightly hold the brake pedal just enough to keep it in place. Now get the Rpm's up a bit before you let off the brake. If you let go too early, the car will "hook up" and reduce the effect. Once your Rpm's are I'd say 3,000 or so.....all Hell will break loose including your rear wheels. Once they start spinning...watch our Rpm's and feather the gas pedal. It will want to Red Line. Once you get close...feather it down and then back up. I would suggest having a wide open space because by this time you'll be side ways and slant ways and back ways and then front ways........
Have fun.
Next step...Head to the tire shop for a new set:hihi:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I assume you have a GT. Not that the V6 can't spin the wheels, but your "Shock" makes me think that way.
Anyway, I have an automatic. Traction control "Off ". Lightly hold the brake pedal just enough to keep it in place. Now get the Rpm's up a bit before you let off the brake. If you let go too early, the car will "hook up" and reduce the effect. Once your Rpm's are I'd say 3,000 or so.....all Hell will break loose including your rear wheels. Once they start spinning...watch our Rpm's and feather the gas pedal. It will want to Red Line. Once you get close...feather it down and then back up. I would suggest having a wide open space because by this time you'll be side ways and slant ways and back ways and then front ways........
Have fun.
Next step...Head to the tire shop for a new set:hihi:
actually looking at his profile, he has a 06 V6 Vert... doesn't say if it's an automatic... but sounds like he's got an auto...

Ok.. back to the original question.... I'm guessing you have an automatic and the torque management system is preventing the car from really spinning the tire... My 05 would not even chirp the tires no matter how much i power braked! LOL! If the computer think you are trying to make to much torque, it will kill the power... preventing the tires from really spinning... Get an hand held tuner like an SCT X-Ca2 and a good tune and you'll be spinning your tire... which bring up the next thing.... The V6's have an open diff... so you'll be doing one wheel peels! LOL!

Ok... here's my car after 4.10's, trac-lock and tune... LOL!

http://www.v6john.com/Main/Videos/scrming_burnout.wmv

·
Registered
617 Posts
If you want to be able to do them in that v6 of yours. Spend 170 on pmpparts.com linelock kit. Kevin and Josh at pmp will be 2 of the best people youll deal with over the internet.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
If you want to be able to do them in that v6 of yours. Spend 170 on pmpparts.com linelock kit. Kevin and Josh at pmp will be 2 of the best people youll deal with over the internet.
Thing is if it is an automatic and the torque management system is kicking in linelocks really won't help...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i have a v6 automatic and is tuned with the Xcal 2

Shouldn't be a problem as long as the traction control is off (if you have TC)... unless you have some really sticky tires... LOL!

I know this sounds stupid... but how are you trying to do it? Also, any chance the tune didn't load correctly?

·
Registered
350 Posts
A friend has a stock V6 and can spin the tires....try this, don't put it in drive, because the trans will want to shift to 2nd. put it in first.
then do what I said in the other post, get the rpm's up and feather the gas. watch your rpms and as your speed increases it will be necessary to shift to 2nd.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
Funny, I could never get the V6 vert I rented to power brake.
Still beat the piss out of it tho!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I am drivng a v-6 vert rental while my car is in the bodyshop. It was one of the first things I did with it. It did it fairly easily... one legged though.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Hammer down in nuetral and drop it into low something ought to give:punchballs:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Why would you want to power break or neutral drop your Stang?? That is trouble awaiting!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Why would you want to power break or neutral drop your Stang?? That is trouble awaiting!
Shhhhhh, I want to read about scattered trany's and diff's.:eyepoppin

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Shhhhhh, I want to read about scattered trany's and diff's.:eyepoppin
actually... it won't scatter anything... The tranny is also "fly by wire"... you can try to do a neutral drop but the computer won't actually put the car into drive until it decides it's safe...

·
Registered
636 Posts
actually... it won't scatter anything... The tranny is also "fly by wire"... you can try to do a neutral drop but the computer won't actually put the car into drive until it decides it's safe...
Huh, learn something new here everyday ;)

Nothing like the old days.........

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Same if you jam it into 1st at 4000 rpm. The PCM won't allow the shift until it's in the correct rpm range.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts