Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the side door winodws weather stripping and the plastic A-pillar weather stripping that's fitted around the window opening?

I can't find it any where in the factory service manuals you can view online.

Thanks for your help!

Wes

·
Registered
109 Posts
I never messed with the A pilar, and I'm not sure if I'm even thinking about the same thing you are...

If you are talking about the "felt strip" (The mustangs is rubber) sweeps the window as it goes into and out of the door, this is the instructions I used when I installed the Mole skin so the rubber sweep would stop scratching the tink.

Moleskin (for window tint) install w/pics and vids - MustangForums.com

~Mark

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I attached what I think your talking about....I actually wanted to...paint that black because mine is all faded. Any suggestions?
Yes, that's the piece I need to remove and replace.

Ford had a production problem some 2005-2009 Ford Mustangs which resulted in the sealing foam between the body and that trim piece failing. Once it fails, water can leak into the interior and you end up with water under the carpet on your floorboards.

I keep my car in a garage but got caught in a long heavy rain at work one day and noticed a few drops of water on the floorboard. Did a little investigation and discovered the problem.

Here's the TSB:
http://www.stangnet.com/images/stories/docs/s197_TSBs/08-26-07.pdf

SO, anyone know how to remove this thing without tearing up the gasket at the top of the window?

Thanks
Wes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have any advice?

Wes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts