Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can not even figure it out I've removed the 3 inch bolt that holds the handle down, but I have no idea how to disconnect the negative or positive. If someone can please help and dumb down the directions as much as possible

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
829 Posts
Screwdriver? Pliers?

Just look at the connector, and grab the right tool. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There's not. I compared my Mazda to my Mustang and the batteries are completely different. On the Mazda you just loosen a bolt and you can take the clamp off. On the mustang theres not a clamp. How do you do this?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
209 Posts
You wil need a small puller. Put the center on the post and grab the sides. Found out the hard way. Couldn't get my daughter's terminal's off her '06 with a wrench and spreading the terminal with a screwdriver blade. My battery died 2 weeks ago away from the house on my '05. Came off with a puller.:yup:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Always remove the negative (-)cable first because that is the ground to the metal of the car.That way it won't hurt if you short the positive(+)cable to the chassis of the car.When putting back on,put the positive back on first and then the neg.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I looked at my 2009 GT last night when I got home from work -- the terminal connections look exactly like they do on every other car I've ever owned.

There's a nut on it you have to loosen on each to remove the terminals....
As [email protected] said, just loosen the little nut with a screwdriver or pliers, and the connection will become loose enough to pull off the battery terminal.

Post a photo if I'm wrong. I would be interested to see a battery terminal connector without that nut...

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I took mine off a few months ago. The use an 8mm wrench on the terminals. I didn't need a puller, they just came off. I may have spread them apart just a little with a screwdriver, but it wasn't particularly hard to remove them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
...swaped out my bad battery yesterday, the negative clamb would´nt come off easy, I had to use WD40 and a 90 degree screwdriver to pull it from the terminal. The plus clamp was a snap they come off really easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts