Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would i go about removing the rev limiter and the speed limiter on my 97gt? This isnt for now with just the stock engine. This is for down the road when i have a new shortblock, heads, supercharger, etc. Can it be removed with the chip i get from kenne bell or when i go get it dyno tuned?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
How would i go about removing the rev limiter and the speed limiter on my 97gt? This isnt for now with just the stock engine. This is for down the road when i have a new shortblock, heads, supercharger, etc. Can it be removed with the chip i get from kenne bell or when i go get it dyno tuned?

Thanks
Yes. A tuner can remove the speed limiter and allow you to bump the rev limiter. It won't allow you to disable the rev limiter. (wouldn't be a good idea anyway). You should consider Powerhouse (in Girard) for a dyno tune.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the only reason i want to is because im really building up my engine so it will take pretty much anything i throw at it at any rpm so i wanted to get it out of there.

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
Well the only reason i want to is because im really building up my engine so it will take pretty much anything i throw at it at any rpm so i wanted to get it out of there.
On any engine at some point you'll float the valves once it quits making power.

·
Registered
51 Posts
these guys are right just because it says bullit proof it doesnt mean it. and the dyno tune can take care of what u need but u might want to invest in ur own tuner incase u change ur mind

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
On any engine at some point you'll float the valves once it quits making power.
+ 1 you don't need to turn 7000 or 8000 rpms on these engines to make great power don't matter how you build it.

G

·
What is the factory one set at?

I believe 6250 and like stated above, anyone who tunes the car cam bump-up the limiter but prob no need to go more than 7k and again, it all depends on camshaft selection, internal engine parts and what type of blower you go wth....

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MMR 600 shortblock with all the goodies you can buy for it, stage 2 heads, stage 2 blower cams, kenne bell supercharger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
mmmmmm....

i dont think that you will need anything else above 7000rpm unless you are shootin for an 8 sec car... only hondas need to fly over 9500rpm to look fast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.