Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried posting this in another thread so I didn't have to start a new one and I have used the search and even used search engines such as "google" but I couldn't find anything.
Can anyone give any kind of details on how to set the cam/valve timing? I was told I should do that with the setup I have in my sig. I was just wondering how to do it and is it hard. Like how do you know what to set it at? thanx
I will also be stroking my motor to 347.

·
Registered
897 Posts
jbspeed86 said:
I tried posting this in another thread so I didn't have to start a new one and I have used the search and even used search engines such as "google" but I couldn't find anything.
Can anyone give any kind of details on how to set the cam/valve timing? I was told I should do that with the setup I have in my sig. I was just wondering how to do it and is it hard. Like how do you know what to set it at? thanx
I will also be stroking my motor to 347.
Cam timing?...there's plenty of information out there, here's a list of some articles I always keep in my "Favorites":

- Fundamentals: Degreeing a Camshaft
- Degreeing a Camshaft (Crane Cams)
- Camshaft Installation and Degreeing Instructions (Comp Cams - PDF Doc.)
- Piston to Valve Clearance Check (PtV, a must do)
- Cam Degreeing (Isky Cams - Great Article)
- What is VOTC? (Isky Cams)

Timing a cam is important to identify the exact timing events of your cam, even same part # cams have different timing events due to mfg. processes tolerances. After establishing how accurate your cam is, you need to determine which will be the best timing advance/retard setting that will allow you to get the maximum out of your combo....looks like you have some reading to do. GL

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well is it bad to just install your cam dot-to-dot? or will it run poorly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.