Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When my convertible top is all the way down, the plastic front part is angled up towards the top of the rear seats. Is this right? It looks like it should go down another six inches to look "closed".
Also, does anyone know the fix for a rattle in the console on the v6 5 speeds? If not, could you tell me how to remove the plastic insert on the console. There are two screws behind the storage compartment but that's all I can find. I figure if I can get that off, I can maybe buffer it with some rubber.

Thanks

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
with my top, i hold the button until the top stops moving down anymore, and then hold it for like 1 more second because it pushes down that last extra inch or so. I always like to do that because i don't like the thought of going 65 MPH and having the air constantly pushing up on the top by that little lip, because it doesn't come down flush with the back seats, maybe a tad higher.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a pic

Here is the best angle to show how far it goes down. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah, my top definately goes down farther than that. my side poles go into the body of the car...do you still have a warranty?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Warranty

Yes, I have the original warranty until August and then the extended (3 more years with a $100 deductible per visit)

I will bring it in and have them take a look at it.

thanks.

ps any thoughts on the console question?

Tom

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Convertible top

I brought my car to the dealer and he showed me three other mustang convertibles and they all went down only as far as mine. As to the console, it came off by pulling after removing the two screws and i attached some windshield washer hose split down its length to the edge of the console to cushion it and it immediately quieted down.
Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.