Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how all of these mods would affect a 97 mustang gt automatic.

*MAC Longtube Headers
*BBK O/R X-pipe
*Borla Mufflers
*3.73 Gears
*Trans-Go Shift Kit
*75mm Throttle Body and Plenum
*BBK Cold Air Intake
*BBK Underdrive Pullies
*SCT Tuner
*Lowering Kit
*Performance transmission cooler

It's also riding on 17x9 cobra r rims if that makes any sig. difference.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
having an auto id put 4.10s in it.

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
really the thing to do is the PI swap first...real hp gains...then add the rest of that stuff

·
Registered
386 Posts
Add all that stuff when your doing the PI swap. I did it to my 1996 mustang GT and mine is also an automatic and they work great. I did the PI swap with MAC long tube headers, stage 1 cam from comp cam, 75 MM throttle body and plenum, BBK CAI, steeda under drive pullies, MAC O/R H pipe, SLP loudmouth cat back, 3:73 gears and a custom dyno tune and I beat an 05 Mustang GT that was a 5 speed. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
Add all that stuff when your doing the PI swap. I did it to my 1996 mustang GT and mine is also an automatic and they work great. I did the PI swap with MAC long tube headers, stage 1 cam from comp cam, 75 MM throttle body and plenum, BBK CAI, steeda under drive pullies, MAC O/R H pipe, SLP loudmouth cat back, 3:73 gears and a custom dyno tune and I beat an 05 Mustang GT that was a 5 speed. :bigthumbsup
Whats a PI swap? and if so how much would that be?:smoke:

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
A PI swap(stands for Performance Improvement) is the heads and intake off a 99 or later 4.6, the parts are readily available on Ebay...usually around 300 bucks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'd skip the BBK Under Drives and go with the Steeda's since they don't "Piggy Back".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts