Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get the Eibach Pro-Kit for my '05 and want to know if someone has already changed theirs. If so, how hard was it and how did you do it. I am not experienced in suspension and don't want to mess it up.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
kpd3014 said:
I am looking to get the Eibach Pro-Kit for my '05 and want to know if someone has already changed theirs. If so, how hard was it and how did you do it. I am not experienced in suspension and don't want to mess it up.
We're many many on here that allready have the Eibachs on, the car looks OH-SO-MUCH better and handles better too!

The rears are VERY simple to swap, took me and a friend maybe 30 minutes per side on average, first side of course a bit longer as we double checked everything.

Fronts were a bit more involved but can be done at home with a good jack and some other basic tools. You will need to rent or buy a spring compressor or do what I did and take the two front assemblys to a shop and have they swap the springs. Then just take it home and put them on.

Many have opted to take their cars to CarX, Midas, etc. as they do a good job for less than $200 and have the tools etc. readilly on hand. It sure saves allot of time and aggony!

Whatever you do don't forget to go have it alligned, or have it alligned after install!

Check out October 5.0 for a step by step Eibach install, starts on page 143! MM&FF als had one a while back...

·
Registered
151 Posts
KJ,

That's my next mod i'm doing on my vert. Are the Eibach's really better than the Steeda Springs? Also do you need a panhard bar and camber plates? I'm not going to take this to the track I just want to get better handling on the highway. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
clubt said:
KJ,

That's my next mod i'm doing on my vert. Are the Eibach's really better than the Steeda Springs? Also do you need a panhard bar and camber plates? I'm not going to take this to the track I just want to get better handling on the highway. Thanks.
I think they are better, some one here a few months ago sent their Steedas back... I think they should be pretty much the same as they both have awesome R&D departements and the know how. I picked Eibach because I knew more about their systems (used to race M3's and was sponsered by Eibach.) Also the add-on's, swaybars etc. is much cheaper and again as good from Eibach...

I did not need to change my bars or plates, the alignement is close to maxed out but it's all lined up! I haven't heard of anybody that HAD to get the camber plates...

Check out October 5.0 for a step by step Eibach install, starts on page 143! MM&FF also had one a while back...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts