Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a leak on the gasket from the engine to the headers. the shop said they will do it, probably real cheap since they did my supercharger.... but its an hour drive and more time with my car in their shop... how hard will it be to replace these on my 99 cobra if i have it on a lift?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
they are a real pain in the a$$..............

·
Registered
111 Posts
its a pain in the a$$ to do with stock manifolds, not to mention headers. i would hate to have to remove my headers to change the gaskets and i have shorties.... good luck with this project if you decide to do it... it isnt super hard but extremely time consuming and just a PITA

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats so bad about it? just the tight squeeze?

·
Registered
625 Posts
its not a hard thing to do...but its just the space to get to the header bolts is what makes it such a pain. if you have a lift it isn't near as bad. think i spent 20 minutes on one bolt just to take it off....

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Difficult? Not really. Total pita that will leave you screaming? Yup. It takes forever and is even worse on the cobra's 4V engine. If the shop will do it cheap, its probably worth it, even with an hour drive and waiting, and this is coming from me who does EVERYTHING myself. If you do it on your own, plan on the whole day and have just about ever extension length, gimmick tool, and a telescoping magnet at hand. Taking the wheels off can be a huge help at getting to some of the bolts, but a few are like a wizard put them in with a spell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.