Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im no expert on these things an i hate to post a million threads on here but im just curious how in the world u get 10.50 width tires on a 7 inch width wheel..im in need of tires an i was looking at some drag radials on ebay..i posted it on here a few minutes ago...an the tires was 16-10.50 anthe wheels were pony wheels 16-7...i always thought u had to have the same width wheel as tire..in that case could i get big tires on my 15' wheel???please explain

·
Registered
221 Posts
you can see the manufacturers sugested rims size is located in summit right next to the tires i am selling my 26s to go with 28s

no the rims dont have to be the same width as the wheel is how ever theres an alowable range also a 10.50 tire may not be 10.50 in actuality i have 2610.50s that are only 8 inches wide (hook fine 12.s) any ways id recomend them there about 150 apiece new i am selling mine they have lots of traead left hold air good etc..... you can have em for 100$ plus shipping i can put them on ebay for ya if ya like or what ever there a year old and were used on my street car that has never seen the street

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well so i suppose its just the tires whatkind are they will they fit a 15-7 wheel?so u bought them used? can u put a pic on here?are they drag radials?

·
Registered
221 Posts
nah i got thme brand new there on my car now they ar4e for 15x7 rims as i have 15x 7 welds in the rear they ate mickey thompson et street drag radials

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright im not tryin ta argue wit u but didnt u say they was used...on ur street car that has never seen the streets...but can u post a pic of em on here 1st i might buy em if i like em

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Those tires will fit, but the sidewalls will be rounded and will cause a bit of extra body roll. For a 7 inch wide wheel, the largest should be a 245.
As for tire and wheel pairing, you'll have a recommended wheel size for the tire. For example, you would get a wheel recommendation of 7-10 inches. To get the maximum performance of the tires, go with the widest wheel specified. Then the full width of the tire will be supported and not roll over.
For those 10.5 tires, I'd say a 10 inch wheel.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those tires will fit, but the sidewalls will be rounded and will cause a bit of extra body roll. For a 7 inch wide wheel, the largest should be a 245.
As for tire and wheel pairing, you'll have a recommended wheel size for the tire. For example, you would get a wheel recommendation of 7-10 inches. To get the maximum performance of the tires, go with the widest wheel specified. Then the full width of the tire will be supported and not roll over.
For those 10.5 tires, I'd say a 10 inch wheel.

thanks dude u alwayz right an alot of help...

·
Registered
221 Posts
yeah yeah no problem i will post apic i have street car but never tagged it i tow it to the track havent had the extra money to tag it i have two trucks i drive and like i said there rated as 1.50s but are only about 8 or so inches wide

1 - 12 of 12 Posts